Nicer to bugs and rodents than people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 9:37 am

Why is it that I feel all kinds of hate towards people I think are bad, and wish sadistic violence towards them, but the other night I felt really bad and guilty because I deliberately squashed a big black beetle I found crawling on my bed instead of just catching it in a jar and releasing it outdoors like I normally do? I've even caught mice that my two cats were chasing in my apartment and let them go outside before my cats killed them. Because of this some people think I have a good and kind heart, especially since they would just kill the mice, but they're wrong. I just have a higher regard for animals than humans and I must truly be a psychopath. :(

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

No I don't think you should be referring to yourself as a psychopath. A lot of people on the autism spectrum have a fondness for animals, or maybe insects.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 9:47 pm

I feel the same way... :\

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 4:36 am

I like mice, we live out in the country so we see them occasionally. I try to save any creepy crawly I can, mud daubers (we have a TON of them in our car port) and other wasps are pretty difficult and I get my dad to spray them because their stings are REALLY painful and its hard to guide them out without making them feel threatened enough to sting. I always feel guilty for getting dad to kill them.

I regularly save centipedes (we don't have house centipedes, just vagrant garden ones) and terrestrial spiders. They are pretty easy going.