i love water and am fascinated by it
i kind of like water but no big deal 86%  86%  [ 63 ]
i dont care 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 73

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:10 am

i read in the internet an autistic man got lost somewhere and for some reason his dog ran away. a man who specializes in finding lost autistic people went straight for the river, because he knew autistic people are drawn to water by nature. the man was found safe and sound.
i love watching fountains, the waves on the beach fascinate me and i love watching the river of lake. but i thought nts like it too.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:13 am

oops, sorry about the pole. didnt come out quite the way i meant. i'll try again.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:14 am

cant do it again. sorry. i really apologize. if you love water very much just choose the option of i like water but dont really care. i'm terrible with technical things.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:19 am

Drawn to water when thirsty or want to get clean.

I'll discuss this with my doctor.

He's currently underwater.

EQ: 6.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:42 am

If you are lost in the woods, its only logical to go towards a river. You can't go for long without water. That aside, watching water whirl, bubble, bend, engulf, etc, is relaxing to me.

I grew up on an island, connected to mainland with a two bridges. I have been in a boat 6 hours a day, 45 days per summer, since I were ~12 until I were 21, before that a little less, but still significant. These days when I get to the ocean and can see the horizon, it always puts a big smile on my face. ...but, I am not physically drawn to it without a will of my own.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:44 am

I don't know where they got this from.

I'm not drawn to water, I never even drink water. I prefer juice or milk or coke or other drinks like that.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:46 am

I like hearing water, being near it, being in it, but I really don't like to swim, or often get wet. Even in the shower, with hot water, it feels startling to have the water touch me. I have a lot of issues with tactile stuff. Once I get wet though it's no problem. However, I still don't like swimming much, because I've come very close to drowning several times. So now I just don't feel like risking it.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:47 am

I love water, especially the sea. I also like rivers and lochs/lakes. I like just looking at and touching water in the basin. I don't drink as much water as I should though, because I often forget.

PixelPony
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jul 2012, 3:49 am

I am kind of obsessed with flowing water. Nifty water features and mountain streams are like an on switch for happy. I can stare at them for ages. Even better if I can get down to the water and wade in it, play in it, float things in it, splash in it. Mountain streams are the best though--the water is always cold and clear. Fountains can be good, but they are often warm, which isn't nearly as good.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2012, 4:00 am

I love waterfalls, running streams when I go 4x4 wheel driving its so soothing and relaxes me. When I was young Mum and Dad used to put me in the bath to settle me down even as I got older and if I have a meltdown I go and have a shower or if Im at Mum and Dads or my friends house they go fill the bath up and I sit in the bath listening to my music about half an hour Im back to normal.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 4:02 am

I want to add one thing - watching water flow mesmerizes me - as a kid I would often fill ziplock bags with water, and then watch them slowly drain, for hours.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 4:03 am

Atomsk wrote:
I want to add one thing - watching water flow mesmerizes me - as a kid I would often fill ziplock bags with water, and then watch them slowly drain, for hours.

as a child i'd go in the bath and stay there a while, then take the plug out and watch with fascination as they water swirled down.

circular
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2012, 4:05 am

I have also some fascination for water. For example, if I open the tap water, I have difficulty in doing what I want to do, because it's like I'm becoming the water. But with some concentration I can go over it.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 4:08 am

SilkySifaka wrote:
I love water, especially the sea. I also like rivers and lochs/lakes. I like just looking at and touching water in the basin. I don't drink as much water as I should though, because I often forget.

Yep, pretty much the same. Not the sea though ... it smells funny. But any other large body of water, makes me feel calm. Thus my forum name.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 5:01 am

felinesaresuperior wrote:
i read in the internet an autistic man got lost somewhere and for some reason his dog ran away. a man who specializes in finding lost autistic people went straight for the river, because he knew autistic people are drawn to water by nature. the man was found safe and sound.
i love watching fountains, the waves on the beach fascinate me and i love watching the river of lake. but i thought nts like it too.

I found the statement of the search and rescue individual, however well intentioned, incredibly mis-informed.

It's true that many with moderate or low functioning autism have a fixation with water. However this man seemed to either have HFA or AS and likely had no more of a fixation or attraction to water than anyone else in the desert. Additionally, his initial plan was to follow the river as a guide to his destination.

man-hands
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jul 2012, 5:21 am

I love to swim---it's my favorite form of exercise. I love rainy, cool, foggy climates.