i love water and am fascinated by it
i kind of like water but no big deal 86%  86%  [ 63 ]
i dont care 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 73

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 12:33 am

Water is beautiful to watch and very distracting.

chiastic_slide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2012, 12:50 am

Yes I love water. I live by the quays its great to see the water everyday. I've always wanted to live in a lighthouse. Not sure theres too many around now.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 12:54 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
I remember having an episode like this when i fell in the pond at Sea World :o

LMAO

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX1hVI9e728[/youtube]

TheSunAlsoRises

very nice video. i love dolphines.

circular
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2012, 2:36 am

man-hands wrote:
I love to swim---it's my favorite form of exercise.

Personally I am afraid of swimming because I feel like I'm going to drown.

But I feel that a lake is relaxing and also find water flow to be hypnotic. I wonder if water flow hypnosis is not related to the sound. Water does little high pitch sound. So maybe the association of high pitch and flow makes it hypnotic.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 3:14 am

Yes, I am drawn to water.

It's relaxing, and magical, and a spiritual conduit.

Plus it's essential for life, so not to be drawn to it would be odd from a biological standpoint.

I like how it shimmers.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

binaryodes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 4:44 pm

Yhh as a child I would watch rivulets on the car windows for hours or channel it into mini streams and watch it go down the drain. Now I loooooove the sound of plashing water, it has a certain "taste" if I were trying to recreate the sound of water plashing (not splashing lol) i'd actually be focussed on recreating that sensation so theres probably some mild synesthetic stuff going on there.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 5:47 pm

Blownmind wrote:
If you are lost in the woods, its only logical to go towards a river. You can't go for long without water. That aside, watching water whirl, bubble, bend, engulf, etc, is relaxing to me.

I grew up on an island, connected to mainland with a two bridges. I have been in a boat 6 hours a day, 45 days per summer, since I were ~12 until I were 21, before that a little less, but still significant. These days when I get to the ocean and can see the horizon, it always puts a big smile on my face. ...but, I am not physically drawn to it without a will of my own.

http://aquaticapetheory.wordpress.com/ has many valid points to it, but most gets debunked fairly quickly. DNA from lice tells us we lost hair during their evolution within our clothes. More clothes = less need for hair. Funnily enough, with california beaches these days, all those rollerbladers should regress back into fur very soon.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 7:14 pm

Yes, I've been known to play with water, sometimes.

Ca2MgFe5Si8O22OH2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2013, 7:33 pm

I literally worship the water cycle, like I pray to rivers and storms and the ocean. (this is not actually an unusual thing to do in non-Abrahamic religions). I could go on about the importance of water goddesses in a half dozen religions for days.

my life goal is having a private indoor pool to swim in for hours every day. food, healthcare, family, and a pool. that's it.

Conversion Disorder, General/Social Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm

Yes.I got in trouble when I was little because I liked to flush the toilet and watch the water whirl.I turned the water hose on to make a creek.Once I did this with the neighbors hose and boy, were they ever mad.There was a Popeye cartoon where their kitchen filled with water,so I got my little pail and turned the sink on and tried to fill our kitchen up,again the adults were not very happy.
I like to hear the sound of it running and the reflection on the water.I have two little creeks on my land and the river is below me so now I don't have to turn on a hose to enjoy it.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 12:39 am

When I get near an ocean it is almost as though I can feel it saying "Welcome home." I love love love water.

binaryodes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 3:40 am

Anyone whose ever driven to the beach with parents will appreciate the anticipation - "where's the water ... can you see it yet?" and then the first sight of it like a great concrete sprawl filtered through a kaleidoscope all shimmery and glittering.

I only just realised how much I love water aha

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I've often lived in places that were near water--rivers, mostly. And I've always been attracted to islands, both literally and symbolically--I've lived on Manhattan, in Tokyo and Singapore, and one of my favorite places in the world is the UK.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 1:41 am

I love water. I can watch it for hours. I prefer the beach because there's also the smell of the sea and the rhythmic sound of the waves. But any water will do -- lakes, rivers, fountains, swimming pools. It's profoundly calming.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

Seahorse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2016, 10:01 am

I had no idea this was an autism thing, just heard it mentioned on a TV show. I have always been drawn to water: lakes, streams, rivers, the sea. I love the sound, the crashing waves and find it mesmerising to watch.