Man breaks Autistic girl fall from three stories

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

22 Jul 2012, 11:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Grue wrote:
what does it matter if the girl was autistic?

Speaking as someone with autism, I can say, only a person who is autistic would probably sneak out a window to dance on the air conditioner. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

My daughter managed to climb out of a window, remove the fly-screen and onto the roof of our house when she was 4.
I can imagine it must be tough for a mother to keep her daughter who might also have ADHD from getting bored in a small apartment.

My daughter is seven now, and autistic; and it was a real chore for my wife and I to keep an eye on her and hold of her hand anytime we'd go out when she was younger, because given an opportunity, she'd try to take off just for the sake of taking off.

She a wanderer...ya I did alot of that as a kid too. except I loved the woods and would walk and play in the woods for hours. I jumped off a dry bridge once...20 feet to the ground, and landed on my feet My mom tried to to stop me but I jumped before she could reach me. I had a facination with jumping from high places cuz I loved the feeling I got when coming down. surprisingly I was never hurt and always landed on my feet with my knees bent to absorb the shock. The only broken bones I got were in my fingers and toes doing much less adventuresome stuff.
I also loved to dive into the pool from the top of the pool slide which was about 15-20 ft high and the water was only 8 ft deep there. I was always bad at math, but managed not to break my neck. My dad would have a screaming fit when he saw me do that which was often...he tried to explain to me the mathmatics of it all. Numbers are a foreign language to me. Finally he just said, if I catch you do that again, you are banned from the pool. I understood that, so I did it when he was not home. :lol:

Anyway, my point is.... autistic kids do the darnest things

Jojo

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

jojobean wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Grue wrote:
what does it matter if the girl was autistic?

Speaking as someone with autism, I can say, only a person who is autistic would probably sneak out a window to dance on the air conditioner. :lol:

My daughter managed to climb out of a window, remove the fly-screen and onto the roof of our house when she was 4.
I can imagine it must be tough for a mother to keep her daughter who might also have ADHD from getting bored in a small apartment.

My daughter is seven now, and autistic; and it was a real chore for my wife and I to keep an eye on her and hold of her hand anytime we'd go out when she was younger, because given an opportunity, she'd try to take off just for the sake of taking off.

She a wanderer...ya I did alot of that as a kid too. except I loved the woods and would walk and play in the woods for hours. I jumped off a dry bridge once...20 feet to the ground, and landed on my feet My mom tried to to stop me but I jumped before she could reach me. I had a facination with jumping from high places cuz I loved the feeling I got when coming down. surprisingly I was never hurt and always landed on my feet with my knees bent to absorb the shock. The only broken bones I got were in my fingers and toes doing much less adventuresome stuff.
I also loved to dive into the pool from the top of the pool slide which was about 15-20 ft high and the water was only 8 ft deep there. I was always bad at math, but managed not to break my neck. My dad would have a screaming fit when he saw me do that which was often...he tried to explain to me the mathmatics of it all. Numbers are a foreign language to me. Finally he just said, if I catch you do that again, you are banned from the pool. I understood that, so I did it when he was not home. :lol:

Anyway, my point is.... autistic kids do the darnest things

Jojo

Not to change the subject of the thread, but I've always been a mug at math, too. So much for that stereotype about Aspies being math wizards.