Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 2:14 pm

Anyone watch/read it?

I used to A LOT, then I grew up lol.

But I just finished Eyeshield 21 (I play football remember) and I still really like Bleach. Naruto and One Piece especially I'd keep up with if I had more time.
I've gotten through half of Rurouni Kenshin and I remember reading Dragon Drive thinking it was the sh!t.
There's so many that I can't remember that I really enjoyed, um...Uzumaki:the spiral, and this one about catching dreams, Rosario+Vampire was a good one, a bunch else...

I have so many wonderful childhood(about age 9-13) memories going to BORDERS (damn them for closing) and just amassing a giant stack of comics and magazines and reading for hours on end.
Obviously too old for that now lol but those days were the sh!t.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 4:08 pm

I used to be completely obsessed with anime. Before the days of online streaming I watched whatever aired on Cartoon Network, like Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Naruto and One Piece. Hamtaro was a big deal for me at one point too. In my mid to late teens, I was really obsessed with Hellsing and Trinity Blood. After that phase was over, I started obsessing over American movies and anime seems to have lost a lot of its magic for me. I still watch it sometimes though - within the past year I have seen all of Evangelion, Madoka Magica, Tiger & Bunny, Black Rock Shooter, and probably some others that I'm forgetting.

largosan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

I've been reading Bleach and One Piece Manga for a while, because my brother has a lot of those two series. Until about a year ago, I was not really into Anime or Manga too seriously, but then one of my friends convinced me to go to a convention(Youmacon in Detroit, for the curious), and I found out about things like Lucky Star, K-On!, and lighter less violent things like that. I also liked the anime/manga fans I met at convention. They're very accepting people.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 9:11 pm

For some reason I really got into Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and watched the whole series.

I also find Hellsing amusing just because of Alucard.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
For some reason I really got into Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and watched the whole series.

Same here... there's something about the characters that makes me smile. :)

My friend got me into Death Note, but Netflix deleted it off the streaming thing. :x

DeathbyMonkeys
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2012, 11:37 pm

Sgt Frog (anime english and abridged & manga)
Tokyo Mew Mew (manga)
Spice & Wolf (anime, manga, going to start the novels)
Disgaea (anime based off the first video game).

Anyone notice that the english voice actors (for Fundimation at least) sound like they are the same of similar for different shows? Not enough anime english voice actors?

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 11:40 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Obviously too old for that now lol but those days were the sh!t.
You realize in college and older that stuff like that is what people like, showing that you do not care how others judge you. Yes people might think it is weird if that is your main focus, but you also like football, varied interests is a good idea.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 11:00 am

largosan wrote:
I've been reading Bleach and One Piece Manga for a while, because my brother has a lot of those two series. Until about a year ago, I was not really into Anime or Manga too seriously, but then one of my friends convinced me to go to a convention(Youmacon in Detroit, for the curious), and I found out about things like Lucky Star, K-On!, and lighter less violent things like that. I also liked the anime/manga fans I met at convention. They're very accepting people.

OMG Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh for the f*cking win.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Jul 2012, 12:21 pm

DeathbyMonkeys wrote:
Sgt Frog (anime english and abridged & manga)
Tokyo Mew Mew (manga)
Spice & Wolf (anime, manga, going to start the novels)
Disgaea (anime based off the first video game).

Anyone notice that the english voice actors (for Fundimation at least) sound like they are the same of similar for different shows? Not enough anime english voice actors?

I know! I know one voice actor does 4 different characters. It might be more of a popularity thing.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2012, 9:36 am

largosan wrote:

Yeah people into the anime/manga fandoms are very nice. I went to a convention a few days ago and I swear it was like my utopia. Its was so lovely being surrounded by people who shared something in common, you could strike up a conversation with anyone (not that I would though)

Anyway yeah my favourite anime is Naruto but I've also seen Bleach, Oran High School Host Club, Linebarrels, School Rumble, Clannad, Maid Sama, Black Butler, Hetalia, Death Note, K-ON, Code Geuss, Chobits, Kenichi, Antique Bakery, Boku No Test, the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzamiya, Midori Days (possibly the weirdest anime I've seen), Black Cat, My Bride is a Mermaid, High School of the Dead, Fairy Tale, Chibi Vampire, Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight, Rosario + Vampire (that's all I can think of at the moment).

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 9:46 pm

I'd never watched anime until a few years ago after I started learning Japanese...Now I guess I'm an "otaku". I mostly watch comedies and little girl shows like Pretty Cure.

I don't read much manga, but I do read a lot of light novels.

screamingsilently
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2012, 12:21 am

I watch a lot of anime. And I recommend using anime-planet.com it's a good website to keep track of your animes you've watched and are in the middle of watching, OR ones you want to watch. It also has a set up for manga, and it will track how much of your life you have spent watching anime, which is pretty interesting to me.

Your Aspie score: 171 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 17 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Aug 2012, 8:51 am

Anime and Manga has been one of my biggest interests for the last five years. My favorite ones are Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, Inuyasha and Shugo Chara. When I first got into it I watched a lot of Magical girl anime, now though I tend to watch supernatural and shounen anime more. I'm currently watching Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online and The Law of Ueki, though the first two are still coming out weekly. As for Manga I'm currently reading Gakuen Alice and waiting for the next chapter of both Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 3:05 am

Up until I was about 12, I was a big anime/magna fan. Then my love of anime slipped away, and it was replaced by fanfiction, Russia, and fanfics about [Russian] Assassins who are trying to save the world (Assassin's Creed).

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

I used to enjoy a few anime like death Note but now I feel just utter disgust at how Japan's culture is.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Armorer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2012, 12:24 pm

I think that the best five anime series are dragon ball, dragon ball z, dragonball gt, yugioh, and pokemon. this is just my opinion but I feel very strongly on the fact that they are really popular especially on the cartoon channels.