If James Holmes has Asperger's, the rest of us are DOOMED.

Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2012, 10:19 am

Here is an extensive article on James Holmes revealing new information about his mental state, including this:

Quote:
The text message, sent to another graduate student in early July, was cryptic and worrisome. Had she heard of “dysphoric mania,” James Eagan Holmes wanted to know?
The psychiatric condition, a form of bipolar disorder, combines the frenetic energy of mania with the agitation, dark thoughts and in some cases paranoid delusions of major depression.
She messaged back, asking him if dysphoric mania could be managed with treatment. Mr. Holmes replied: “It was,” but added that she should stay away from him “because I am bad news.”

The text also gives new information on what kind of person he is/was or was at least perceived to be and how he behaved, how peers viewed him...etc. Very intresting. If you're interested in the case, you should read it.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 11:50 am

John_Browning wrote:
ImageSTOP THE PRESSES!! ! A TOTALLY CLUELESS REPORTER SHOOTS THEIR MOUTH OFF AND ENDS UP LOOKING ret*d!! !Image

Which time, there are multiple instances of reporter stupidity concerning the theater shooting already.

Including ABC news accusing an innocent man of being the shooter simply because he was in the Tea Party and had a similar name...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
At least that's what I'm really scared of right now. The media is going to paint all people with Asperger's with the same proverbial paint brush if James Holmes has it or will use it as an excuse for his "unusual" behavior. People are going to think we are all sociopaths and that our odd obsessions, lack of empathy or lack of social skills will make us all deranged killers or the potential to be. They will judge and hate us even more than they did originally. Then parents will try even harder to try "cures" that will make their kids sick or even die because of some quack-doctor's recent so-called research online. I'm also scared that I may be a potential killer myself, especially when I think about my behavior just before I was diagnosed, and shortly afterwards, and the angry, shocking things I've been saying on this site and elsewhere. :( I've been living in fear of ending up back in the hospital or even prison for years and think I'm a walking time bomb. One day I might just "explode" and do something horrible! Scared. :(

I would not worry about what he has or doesn't. He is just someone who couldn't make it through grad school so he went on a rampage and this will come out in the trial. He will be found guilty and get life in prison.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
ImageSTOP THE PRESSES!! ! A TOTALLY CLUELESS REPORTER SHOOTS THEIR MOUTH OFF AND ENDS UP LOOKING ret*d!! !Image

Which time, there are multiple instances of reporter stupidity concerning the theater shooting already.

Including ABC news accusing an innocent man of being the shooter simply because he was in the Tea Party and had a similar name...

If there had been another James Homes involved with Occupy Wall Street, I'm certain that misidentification would have been reported, as well. I doubt they were specifically picking on the Tea Party.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 11:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

If there had been another James Homes involved with Occupy Wall Street, I'm certain that misidentification would have been reported, as well. I doubt they were specifically picking on the Tea Party.

Considering they didn't report the rapes, drug use, and assaults in the occupy movement, I highly doubt that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 12:24 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Considering they didn't report the rapes, drug use, and assaults in the occupy movement, I highly doubt that.

Who says none of that stuff was unreported? The question was, who was responsible for that mayhem; the OWS activists, or a criminal element who found it easy to just walk into their camps? More often than not, it was the Occupy activists who were in fact the victims of the bad element, not the perpetrators. In fact, here in Spokane, Occupy protestors had saved a woman from being assaulted on the street nearby.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 2:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Who says none of that stuff was unreported? The question was, who was responsible for that mayhem; the OWS activists, or a criminal element who found it easy to just walk into their camps? More often than not, it was the Occupy activists who were in fact the victims of the bad element, not the perpetrators. In fact, here in Spokane, Occupy protestors had saved a woman from being assaulted on the street nearby.

:roll:

I didn't say all OWS people were criminals, though I could well have considering the left constantly tries to paint Tea Party members as wackos ever since they made it quite clear they weren't going to form their own political party and split the opposition vote (which would ensure the Democrats would get a monopoly on power and get to continue their blatent power grab).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 3:38 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I didn't say all OWS people were criminals, though I could well have considering the left constantly tries to paint Tea Party members as wackos ever since they made it quite clear they weren't going to form their own political party and split the opposition vote (which would ensure the Democrats would get a monopoly on power and get to continue their blatent power grab).

Well, your previous post had seemed to say the OWS people were criminals. And I'll concede that not everyone in the Tea Party are wackos - but like Occupy, a bad element has given the rest a bad name. It's just that the right doesn't want to admit that there are a certain amount of insane, racist people among the TP.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 3:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Well, your previous post had seemed to say the OWS people were criminals. And I'll concede that not everyone in the Tea Party are wackos - but like Occupy, a bad element has given the rest a bad name. It's just that the right doesn't want to admit that there are a certain amount of insane, racist people among the TP.

Those individuals actually tend to get kicked out of the tea party fairly quickly.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 4:39 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Those individuals actually tend to get kicked out of the tea party fairly quickly.

Really? How do you explain the number of birthers in the TP, then?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Sep 2012, 5:58 pm

Guys, please - will you stop repeating each other's posts in their entirety?
If you need to quote at all then please quote only those specific parts you mean to address.

It's a complete waste of screen space and I doubt I'm the only person having difficulties with scrolling through endlessly repeated walls of text to find one line of new content at the end.

Thanks.

haidouk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

I find the logic of the topic to be along the lines of, "If Hitler was Austrian, Austrians are DOOMED". This is one guy. Period. He cancels out Einstein? He cancels out Jefferson?

He doesn't cancel out anyone: He has nothing to do with you or me. There are troubled people in the world--it is a fact of life.

Stand your ground. Don't let people push you around because you are autistic. Don't let them put you into ridiculous boxes. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Pol Pot were NON-autistic people. Does this common status "doom" non-autists??? It's a ridiculous thing to conclude--but more significantly it's a ridiculous conclusion for ANY OF US to tolerate.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 4:10 pm

haidouk wrote:
I find the logic of the topic to be along the lines of, "If Hitler was Austrian, Austrians are DOOMED". This is one guy. Period. He cancels out Einstein? He cancels out Jefferson?

He doesn't cancel out anyone: He has nothing to do with you or me. There are troubled people in the world--it is a fact of life.

Stand your ground. Don't let people push you around because you are autistic. Don't let them put you into ridiculous boxes. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Pol Pot were NON-autistic people. Does this common status "doom" non-autists??? It's a ridiculous thing to conclude--but more significantly it's a ridiculous conclusion for ANY OF US to tolerate.

Very well said.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 7:49 pm

haidouk wrote:

I'm going to stand my ground and call whomever the psychiatrist is a quack, and they are a quack.

While psychologists for years have thought we don't have empathy, they also acknowledged that we weren't likely to commit violent acts, because as they said we tend to live by a very strict set of rules and no matter how you slice it going on a shooting rampage is wrong no matter how you think about it.

While they are wrong about us concerning empathy, they were not wrong about the fact we have an extremely strong sense of right and wrong, and what that wacko did in Colorado doesn't fit the charecteristics of being on the spectrum.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:02 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
haidouk wrote:

I'm going to stand my ground and call whomever the psychiatrist is a quack, and they are a quack.

While psychologists for years have thought we don't have empathy, they also acknowledged that we weren't likely to commit violent acts, because as they said we tend to live by a very strict set of rules and no matter how you slice it going on a shooting rampage is wrong no matter how you think about it.

While they are wrong about us concerning empathy, they were not wrong about the fact we have an extremely strong sense of right and wrong, and what that wacko did in Colorado doesn't fit the charecteristics of being on the spectrum.

Amen. 8)