Is there any mac loving kid out there (I am 12)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

braiden
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2012, 8:30 pm

I am 12 and I love old macs. I LOVE ALL Macs From iBooks to 128k macintoshes to powermacs to macbook airs! Am I the only one?

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2012, 9:01 pm

Well, I've always wanted a mac, but I could never afford one. I don't have much experience using them...

braiden

25 Jul 2012, 9:02 pm

physicsnut42 wrote:
Well, I've always wanted a mac, but I could never afford one. I don't have much experience using them...

Yes, that is why my macs are all at old or refurbished.

Last edited by braiden on 27 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 9:35 pm

My husband bought his first Mac last year. A couple of months ago he bought the third one. He also owns an iPad, iPod and iPhone. He swears he will never work on a PC again. His new moto is "if it doesnt have the little apple, it aint good".

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:14 am

Your not alone. I have a whole collection of vintage ones at home!
iMac G3, G4 and even a G5 along with a Apple Messagepad! :D
I do have 2 more modern Intel Macs. One Mid 2011 i5 iMac and one 2008 Macbook Aluminium. Macs are just awesome are they not?
My wish list for my next vintage Macs:
Powerbook G4 (I would love one of these!)
iBook G3
Powermac G4,G5.
Those are the next ones I shal get when I have the money! :lol:
I cant help but think about how many I will have by the time I am 18+ :s ... But oh well, I dont care... i will always find room for them one place or another! XD

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:22 am

now vintage models truly are awesome, the apple II especially.

as for the modern ones, they have their pro's and con's compared to pc's and linux.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

Oodain wrote:
now vintage models truly are awesome, the apple II especially.

as for the modern ones, they have their pro's and con's compared to pc's and linux.

I my self am a bit of a Power PC fan aswel. It made them feel more exclusive... The change was for the best I suppose.
I know its not a Mac, but I love my vintage Message Pad. Boxed and everything came with it (Even the stickers!). Found it for £15!

braiden

27 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

Madbones wrote:
Your not alone. I have a whole collection of vintage ones at home!
iMac G3, G4 and even a G5 along with a Apple Messagepad! :D
I do have 2 more modern Intel Macs. One Mid 2011 i5 iMac and one 2008 Macbook Aluminium. Macs are just awesome are they not?
My wish list for my next vintage Macs:
Powerbook G4 (I would love one of these!)
iBook G3
Powermac G4,G5.
Those are the next ones I shal get when I have the money! :lol:
I cant help but think about how many I will have by the time I am 18+ :s ... But oh well, I dont care... i will always find room for them one place or another! XD

Very cool! I am the same.

I have:

1 powermac g3's

2 ibook g3 blue berries

1 13" macbook pro

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 6:08 pm

braiden wrote:

I have:

1 powermac g3's

2 ibook g3 blue berries

1 13" macbook pro

Nice! I'l have to get a clamshell iBook one of the days.... Its one that everyone keeps forgetting about I think.

braiden

27 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:

I have:

1 powermac g3's

2 ibook g3 blue berries

1 13" macbook pro

Nice! I'l have to get a clamshell iBook one of the days.... Its one that everyone keeps forgetting about I think.

Check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-3-Clamsh ... 4168b7ff7e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iBook-iMa ... 27c98e7b55

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 6:58 pm

braiden wrote:
Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:

I have:

1 powermac g3's

2 ibook g3 blue berries

1 13" macbook pro

Check this out:

Nice finds! :D
Its final. I will get one sometime at the end of this year if I am able to afford it by then. Right now I am saving for a 15 inch MBP as my current MB is sorta half broken. I have a long list of catching up to do Apple buying wise!
I did forget to mention that I also have a iPod Classic 3rd Gen (The one with a black and white screen and 4 buttons below the screen) which I love!

braiden

27 Jul 2012, 7:12 pm

Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:
Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:

I have:

1 powermac g3's

2 ibook g3 blue berries

1 13" macbook pro

Check this out:

Its final. I will get one sometime at the end of this year if I am able to afford it by then. Right now I am saving for a 15 inch MBP as my current MB is sorta half broken. I have a long list of catching up to do Apple buying wise!
I did forget to mention that I also have a iPod Classic 3rd Gen (The one with a black and white screen and 4 buttons below the screen) which I love!

Quick iBook tip: upgrade the memory!! !! !! !! !! !

PS: Retina or Regular?

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm

braiden wrote:
Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:
Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:

I have:

1 powermac g3's

2 ibook g3 blue berries

1 13" macbook pro

Check this out:

Regular, looking on eBay at the moment and quite a few have come up! Exciting times! (I have been saving since November 2011) :D
But sadly, I am on holiday at the moment and cannot order one until I get back. I want to be there for when it gets delivered so I can make sure it works as quickly as possible. Im looking forward to getting it, it will be nice to have a faster laptop to do my iPhone coding projects on the go with! It will be a 2010 i5 one. I would get a newer 13 inch one with a Sandy Bridge i5 in, but I dont feel comfortable with not having dedicated graphics.
Also, something to add to my wishlist: NextStep computers! I must get one when I have the cash if I can find one cheap enough.

braiden

27 Jul 2012, 7:32 pm

Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:
Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:
Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:

I have:

1 powermac g3's

2 ibook g3 blue berries

1 13" macbook pro

Check this out:

Regular, looking on eBay at the moment and quite a few have come up! Exciting times! (I have been saving since November 2011) :D
But sadly, I am on holiday at the moment and cannot order one until I get back. I want to be there for when it gets delivered so I can make sure it works as quickly as possible. Im looking forward to getting it, it will be nice to have a faster laptop to do my iPhone coding projects on the go with! It will be a 2010 i5 one. I would get a newer 13 inch one with a Sandy Bridge i5 in, but I dont feel comfortable with not having dedicated graphics.
Also, something to add to my wishlist: NextStep computers! I must get one when I have the cash if I can find one cheap enough.

Cool! Don't forget to check the refurbished mac page on apple store website. I got a refurbished MBP from there and it came in brand new condition, plus it's apple CERTIFIED!

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 4:49 am

braiden wrote:
Cool! Don't forget to check the refurbished mac page on apple store website. I got a refurbished MBP from there and it came in brand new condition, plus it's apple CERTIFIED!

Yeah, I am looking on there too. I have seen quite a few for a little bit over what I can afford. Might be worth saving longer for. My experience with refurbished Macs is very good :D my current one is refurbished which has served me very very well.

braiden

30 Jul 2012, 10:41 am

Madbones wrote:
braiden wrote:

Yeah, I am looking on there too. I have seen quite a few for a little bit over what I can afford. Might be worth saving longer for. My experience with refurbished Macs is very good :D my current one is refurbished which has served me very very well.

Good luck with finding a new mac!