Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

A revolver wont be much good if you have more then 6 zombies.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jul 2012, 9:15 pm

johnny77 wrote:
To run the quiz use the right arrows on the black bar.

Thanx :) I didn't think of scrolling to look on very right for something to click.
Quote:
You scored 41.8%.

Not bad! You ranked somewhere in the middle. You could do worse, but then again you could do better. Now might be a good time to buy a machete and stock up on canned foods.

I do have a good bowie hunting knife, a decent butterfly knife(it looks real fancy but it's well made), a couple swis-army type & other pocket knives, few box-cutters & lots of blades(I worked in retail), a good small baseball bat, a real good refillable lighter, a CO2 BB pistol, a cock-barrel pellet pistol, & a fairly heavy brass-knuckles paperweight that's kind of pointed in front each knuckle(defiantly should not use with zombies but could hurt dangerous humans)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 10:13 am

Dillogic wrote:
Doubt you're just going to bump into a silo housing hydrogen bombs; I also doubt a single person is able to initiate such without expert knowledge (not to mention how would someone employ said device; timer delay with one in the center of a city and you drive away? Easier to just drive away).

Not to mention the fact that it takes three persons to input their portion of the launch codes in proper order and simultaneously turn the key. The three consoles are also located in such a manner that it's not possible for one or two persons to perform these actions. They have their stuff well figured out...

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 7:19 pm

As for the test:

Quote:
You scored 86.8%.

Well done! Your chances of surviving a zombie apocalypse are better than average! Don't get too cocky, though. Remember, the undead never sleep...

What I learnt from said test: I'm a jerk who'll ignore bad things happening to others, I know far too much about medication for my own good, I'll give up supplies if threatened (I know enough about combat to know when to flee), that I'll avoid people like a plague, and that yes, I have shot a lot of firearms in my life.

I hope lots of the silly answers, like "chainsaws" and "going Rambo" would make the score plummet big.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 8:29 pm

Are the zombies slow moving or fast hoped up types? If their as slow as night of the living dead the original I'm not running any where Ill be waiting with a bat. Skip the gym time for some batting practice!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 Jul 2012, 8:40 pm

Higher than I'd thought it would be, it turns out I can do a lot of things to survive on my own, even start fires. :P

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

johnny77 wrote:
Are the zombies slow moving or fast hoped up types? If their as slow as night of the living dead the original I'm not running any where Ill be waiting with a bat. Skip the gym time for some batting practice!

If their that slow I'll pour some very acidic chemicals that burn or dissolve flesh into a bug-sprayer. I could spray them & then sprint a few yards & turn back & watch it work.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

Titangeek wrote:
A revolver wont be much good if you have more then 6 zombies.

Doubt you'd need to defend yourself from six in close quarters, but even so, you can easily backpedal and reload fairly quickly; speedloaders really help here. This is for double-action revolvers with swing-out cylinders. Single-action revolvers where you have to load one round at a time would be a bother (but then, you still could make do with such).

Fast zombies are actually a threat that couldn't be contained. I tend to see such as moot in these things and just assume that any outbreak will be Romero zombies (the original). It's very hard to get head shots on fast moving targets; it takes competitive level shooting/greater than common military grunt-level skill, which most people don't have.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

If their that slow I'll pour some very acidic chemicals that burn or dissolve flesh into a bug-sprayer. I could spray them & then sprint a few yards & turn back & watch it work.

Sorry you're all ready dead most sprayers cant take even mild acids with out failing in about four sprays as for flammable fuels like gas is a no go too.Image

I would like to play it like a game you say what your going to do then some one elts gives you the results of your actions! Live die other problems.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 12:46 am

johnny77 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

Sorry you're all ready dead most sprayers cant take even mild acids with out failing in about four sprays as for flammable fuels like gas is a no go too.

what about a suppersoaker :?:

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

Sorry you're all ready dead most sprayers cant take even mild acids with out failing in about four sprays as for flammable fuels like gas is a no go too.

I'd prefer my dinner un-soaked.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 6:10 pm

How do you kill something that is already dead?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 6:46 pm

Technically, it'd be "animated corpse" in the sense that poor motor ability and an intense hunger to spread the infection are all that remains of the person. The individual is still very much "alive", but in a heavily mutated form.

A nifty pathogen in that it keeps the host "alive" (hence, itself alive) with the potential to infect multitudes.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 7:48 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

Wouldn't eating a zombie infect you too? How about I use one of those hooked-sword things to cut their heads off; it's like a sword but with a sickle instead of a point; I don't know the term. My ideal close weapon would be a lightsaber if they would be invented then.

Dillogic wrote:
Technically, it'd be "animated corpse" in the sense that poor motor ability and an intense hunger to spread the infection are all that remains of the person. The individual is still very much "alive", but in a heavily mutated form.

A nifty pathogen in that it keeps the host "alive" (hence, itself alive) with the potential to infect multitudes.

If there would be a virus that would affect living instead of corpses that involved poor motor ability & the only part of their mind they had left was an intense hunger to spread infection with no real other thoughts or individuality or anything; Could they be considered zombies?

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 8:02 pm

As to the super soaker I know they can spay alcohol but never tried gas or acid I'm guessing it would be the same as the garden sprayer.

Wouldn't eating a zombie infect you too?
Are you cooking them long enough, are they fresh? 8O

How about I use one of those hooked-sword things to cut their heads off; it's like a sword but with a sickle instead of a point;
This or this or one of them?
[img][800:363]http://www.arms2armor.com/swords/africa/ngbandi_saber_001a.jpg[/img]Image[img][800:1148]http://minimumwagehistorian.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/glaive.gif[/img]

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 10:45 am

nick007 wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
johnny77 wrote:

Wouldn't eating a zombie infect you too?

You typed "suppersoaker" and supper can be called dinner, hence the comment about not wanting my dinner soaked. I would never eat a diseased undead corpse.