Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

It's generally too late to go looking for firearms once it begins.

However, most people have cars; that's more useful [until the fuel runs out].

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 12:59 am

66.5%.

Shotgun and a hunting rifle. I has both, and more :twisted:

BreezeGod
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2012, 2:07 am

My fists are all I need.

shadowboxer
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2012, 11:05 am

BreezeGod wrote:
My fists are all I need.

You don't wanrt to be trading punches with the undead--At least I wouldn't :skull:

shadowboxer
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2012, 11:07 am

Dillogic wrote:
Zombies are technically a waste of ammunition.

It's gangs of humans [who want to steal your stuff] that you need to worry about.

As per firearm choice though, a simple .22LR bolt gun with a 4 power scope. Lots of ammunition, quiet, accurate, and powerful enough for what you need it for.

Would you want something like a Ruger 10/22? Or something like an AR-7 survival rifle?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

Id carry a couple katana blades a few explosive kunai and a Japanese SKS 45 with a couple 45s in my pockets.I would also take the zombies wallets after killing them to stash up on cash or knives if they carry them.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 5:10 pm

Well, I'd prefer a bolt-action rifle [if that's all I could take] due to its inherent longevity over a semi-auto, especially if you need to shoot it a lot from a safe vantage point (saying, you have to move from point A to B and you need to thin out the horde, and this has to be done often; if you were in a city or commercial district, this would probably be common). A CZ-452 will do; any decent 4 power scope. Sling, of course. No need for a bipod. Ammunition choice would be standard velocity 40 grain LRN (I haven't had a failure with CCI).

A 10/22 as backup [in case the primary went down] would work wonders though; it'd work better if you were expecting to move through buildings where engagement ranges would be short. No scope. I'd rather a 10/22 over an AR-7 due to reliability.

Centerfire would have little use to me, as body shots will be ineffective and I wouldn't bother shooting over 100 or so meters.

Centerfire might come in handy for roving gangs of the living, but it'd be best to avoid them.

Self-defense would be a 12 gauge; coach or a pump (mechanically simple is the point here). Bead sight. Sling. Any buckshot.

No need for a pistol.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 12:35 am

You scored 83.5%.

Some thing with refillable ammo think cross bow, Have 22 cal with about 1200 rounds know how to make a silencer, carry 12 gauge for pinch situations have about 40 round for that half slugs half buck shot. Have 20 gauge Id cut down to a pistol with 50 rounds But Ill be on the mountain top in less than an hour building fortifications and there's only one way in or out. I'm not going to make it easy to get at my family.

Here is the problem would any one get out of a city alive, What to do for food, fuel, and shelter. I have those thing on the mountain top were would the ones in the city go if they made it out alive?

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 11:07 am

H-bombs. Lots of them. Problem solved.

:clown:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

PastFixations wrote:
Can't do the quiz... isn't letting me.
Anyway I'd be using a shotgun. Probably sawn off ones.

I can't do the quiz either. The question part loads at the bottom for about a second & then it disappears. I tried on FireFox & IE. In the nintendo64 game Conker's Bad Fur Day, the only way to kill a zombie was by shooting him in the head with a shotgun. My weapon of choice thou would be a flamethrower because zombies don't feel physical injuries & their bodies will keep going till there is too little left. Flamethrower would turn them into ashes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGfblT0XCLQ[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 2:30 pm

CSBurks wrote:
H-bombs. Lots of them. Problem solved.

:clown:

Some films/video games would say that that would make more.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 5:02 pm

Doubt you're just going to bump into a silo housing hydrogen bombs; I also doubt a single person is able to initiate such without expert knowledge (not to mention how would someone employ said device; timer delay with one in the center of a city and you drive away? Easier to just drive away).

Bows/Crossbows would be fairly useless other than hunting for food (which is actually a good use due to the lack of noise); they have problems with making it through bone such as the human skull. It'll kill a living individual due to fracture and bone spalling, but I doubt it'll cause enough brain damage to disrupt a zombie.

Going back, I'd probably have a centerfire rifle in the "closet" at wherever it is I call home, just in case for those long shots (200 to 400 meters). Bolt-action with a 6 power scope. Sling. No bipod. Common caliber. Probably .223 (.308 isn't going to offer much more other than being heavier per round).

Don't have a .223 though. Probably get a .223 bolt gun someday (no need for one now, and lots more things come under "fun" at this time).

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

Hmm, I want to add 45. semi auto to my list, in case I run out of shotgun rounds. A revolver might be better since you can reload used shells, but it has a slower reload time, and if the zombies are close enough to where I have to be using a pistol, I don't want to waste time reloading.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 5:27 pm

To run the quiz use the right arrows on the black bar.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 7:19 pm

Revolver versus autoloading pistol doesn't matter much. Six rounds will work. What you have on hand and can use is all that matters.

I'd prefer a .22LR over your typical .38/.357, 9mm, .40, .45 and/or whatever if I wanted a pistol for defense against the undead. It'll do the same job with head shots, and you won't deafen yourself after a few shots (zombies won't wait as you put ear plugs in).

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

A revolver wont be much good if you have more then 6 zombies.