Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 5:01 pm

Next summer I'm getting breast reduction surgery. I really don't want to have it done, but people are telling me that I'm ruining my back(it hurts all the damn time). I wear a DDD in cup size. I personally think a D cup is the perfect size. My mom said that she garuntees that they'll reduce me to a 40C. I don't want to wear a C cup!! !! !! I want to be reduced to like, a 40DD that sounds more reasonable. Any advice?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 5:53 pm

If you don't really want to have it done, then say that. Tell your surgeon. Don't get it done?

There are lots of things you can do to reduce back pain from large breasts, having good posture, wearing the correct fitting bra, comfortable shoes, routine back massages, and exercise can all help.

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 5:54 pm

So you just turned 19 and you're getting breast reduction surgery? I thought that was for middle aged fat women who've gone a couple of decades with all the back problems that come with over-sized tits. Unless you yourself are morbidly obese for a 19 year old.

Roseanne Barr comes to mind, but she was over 40 when she got her breasts reduced. She even wrote it into an episode of the show. And the idea was that when she was younger, it was manageable, but with age, her breasts were too much weight on her frame. At 19 you've reached that point already?

Perhaps diet and exercise before even considering surgery?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 6:46 pm

again_with_this wrote:
So you just turned 19 and you're getting breast reduction surgery? I thought that was for middle aged fat women who've gone a couple of decades with all the back problems that come with over-sized tits. Unless you yourself are morbidly obese for a 19 year old.

Roseanne Barr comes to mind, but she was over 40 when she got her breasts reduced. She even wrote it into an episode of the show. And the idea was that when she was younger, it was manageable, but with age, her breasts were too much weight on her frame. At 19 you've reached that point already?

Perhaps diet and exercise before even considering surgery?

I diet and exercise already :wink:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 3:29 am

i was reading this on wikipedia:

Quote:
Bra-free relief
According to a study published in the Clinical Study of Pain, large-breasted women can reduce back pain by going braless. Of the women participating in the study, 79% decided to stop wearing bras completely.[143]
In a five-year study, 100 women who experienced shoulder pain were given the option to alleviate the weight on their shoulders by not wearing a bra for two weeks. In that two-week period, a majority experienced relief from pain. Relief was complete among 84% of women who did not elevate their arms. However, their pain symptoms returned within an hour of resuming bra use. Three years later, 79% of the patients had stopped wearing a bra "to remove breast weight from the shoulder permanently because it rendered them symptom free." Sixteen percent worked in occupations requiring them to elevate their arms daily, and this group only achieved partial improvement. Of these, 13 of the 16 ceased to wear a bra, and by six months all were without pain.[141]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere

not sure if that is useful to you. it seems like something to try before getting surgery. it makes logical sense that there would be less pain with no bra, because lifting up large breasts changes a woman's centre of gravity and natural posture. going braless would re-centre your balance, maybe.

Toadette
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Aug 2012, 4:27 am

Don't get it done if you're happy with your breasts. I would try other ways to help your back like others have suggested. Maybe you can try to specifically build your back muscles too. I was in a similar situation at one point. When I was 17 I was very unhappy with my breasts. I wore a 30DD and they embarrassed me because they were too big for my frame and they got in the way all the time. One day I went to see a plastic surgeon and my mum eventually persuaded me not to have it done. She was right. Now I'm more of a 30D and I don't even know how that happened (I'm nearly 22). Your situation might correct itself on its own one day.

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2012, 5:06 am

This might seem like a strange response but are you wearing the right size bra?

Have you been professionally measured?

A lot of women wear a bra with too big a back size and too small a cup size and it's very uncomfortable. I also find there is a lot a difference in bra quality and more expensive ones are much more comfortable and better fitting.

I was finally professionally measured in my 30s and my bra cup size increased a surprising amount and my bra back size reduced a lot, and the bras I wore were suddenly so much more confortable, I also felt much more confident and much preferred the body shape I had.

I would check this out first before going for surgery, buying a bunch of bras the right size will be a lot cheaper and less invasive than surgery.

That said I appreciate for some surgery might be helpful, I have wondered about it, but currently just choose to buy well fitting expensive bras instead (I personally really don't like the idea of surgery).

There is a company called Bravisimo in the UK who have both shops and an online store which explain how to measure yourself properly (please note other good bra suppliers also exist).

{edit to delete a sententce I thought I'd already deleted}

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 12:56 pm

https://www.ahhbra.co.uk/ Try one of these bras. They also sell them in the US and stuff.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 2:13 pm

OP, Considering your back size is 40, DDD doesn't sound all that large. My bra size is much smaller than that and my cup size is a bit larger. My breasts are big, but fine when I'm wearing a good bra. In my opinion, a breast reduction operation sounds pretty drastic. Sorry, I don't mean to be offensive, but are you overweight? If you're not overweight, you are probably wearing the wrong size of bra, because a 40 is pretty big around the ribs and you would need to have a very large ribcage, to be that size, without carrying excess weight. If you are overweight, wouldn't losing some weight be preferable to surgery?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
OP, Considering your back size is 40, DDD doesn't sound all that large. My bra size is much smaller than that and my cup size is a bit larger. My breasts are big, but fine when I'm wearing a good bra. In my opinion, a breast reduction operation sounds pretty drastic. Sorry, I don't mean to be offensive, but are you overweight? If you're not overweight, you are probably wearing the wrong size of bra, because a 40 is pretty big around the ribs and you would need to have a very large ribcage, to be that size, without carrying excess weight. If you are overweight, wouldn't losing some weight be preferable to surgery?

My doctors are fine with how much I weigh :wink:

Anyway, I think a 40C is reasonable. A big part of the surgery(other than back pain)is clothing. I want to wear strapless tops and stuff.

Toadette

04 Aug 2012, 8:37 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
My doctors are fine with how much I weigh :wink:

Anyway, I think a 40C is reasonable. A big part of the surgery(other than back pain)is clothing. I want to wear strapless tops and stuff.

Just make sure you talk to your surgeon about risks and weigh them up carefully. I was told that there was a small chance I might lose a nipple or become unable to ever breastfeed. I still think 19 is a little young for this kind of thing, but if you're sure then I hope everything goes well for you. :)

I know what you mean about clothing, though. I never wear strapless tops.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

Don't do it if you don't want to. I'm a 36D (going on the pill made me grow to that from being a 36A originally) and I don't have any pain. I wonder if your back problems are caused by something else? 40DDD is not that big, especially considering your strap size.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:46 pm

OK, It's your decision. But, have you been measured professionally? If you are in so much pain that you are intent on surgery, maybe your cup size is bigger than you think and you are wearing the wrong size bra. Also, I've never known anyone to be a size 40 without being considerably overweight. So, if you are not overweight, you probably are wearing the wrong size bra. If you are indeed a 40DDD, losing weight would probably result in smaller breasts. Surgery sounds pretty drastic for breasts that aren't all that big (in proportion with your back size). I take a 34F or G, depending on the time of the month, which is proportionately much larger than a 40DDD. It would never even enter my mind that I should see a doc about it, as they're big and heavy, but not disabling. A sports bra is a good investment and would probably help with any discomfort you are experiencing.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 12:49 am

If you haven't already, get a bra fitting or at least try on a bra with a bigger cup size and smaller band size (in your case maybe a 38G or 36H). I know going up 2 cup sizes and down 2 band sizes made a huge difference for me and other women I've talked to as well. Much more supportive.

EDIT: That's if your DDD = F cup. If not, try F.