Do you get sick much more than average?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 6:28 am

Mirror21 wrote:
Yeap. Severe asthmatic, allergic to a lot of stuff, including oak pollen (which is microscopic and it sucks when you live in an area COVERED in different variations of oak trees). Yeah I get sick a lot, especially if they are respiratory illnesses.

When I was still in factories breathing that obnoxious and polluted air where I had to breath it all day long always caused me respiratory problems with some being serious enough to cause me to go to the doctor. And when I go shopping and around sick people I have sinus problems and get sore throats. But, as long as I stay home it is rare that I get sick. But, I have to admit this severe drought we are having has been causing me a lot of respiratory problems.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 7:20 am

I'm of excellent constitutional health

I rely on herbs more than medications

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 10:06 am

No, and I know plenty of non-Aspies who do. I haven't got a cold in over a year (touch wood) and I haven't vomited in 12 years. Yes, it is true, I have a fear of vomiting so I think I will be able to recall when I last had a strong tummy bug.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 1:21 pm

No.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2012, 2:11 pm

No, I maybe get one really bad cold a year, and even when I don't get a flu shot, I never get the flu. If anything, I have some seasonal allergies, but the OTC stuff works well for me. I guess one thing that helps is that I don't go to churches where people bring their sick children because missing church is a worse sin than spreading an illness to the rest of the congregation.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

I don't get sick very often and when I do it isn't very bad just a small cough and itchy nose.
I HATE being sick because my Dad treats me like I just dropped seven years of age. I'm 13, not six! And constantly asking me 'how I feel' irritates the heck out of me. Yeah, it's going to be such a different answer if you ask me at 7:35 than it was at 7:30.
And frankly, I don't like being checked on in the middle of the night it violates what little privacy I have sharing a room with three people.
I haven't had the stomach flu in any form since third grade. Correlation: that's when I stopped going to public school.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm

My immune system is about average, really. I don't get colds often, maybe about once a year. I do seem to get stomach bugs or food poisoning about once a year, as well - which is quite bad.

I have digestive problems (IBS), but that's a chronic illness rather than an immune issue.

I also have mild allergies to dust and tree pollen (which comes out in late April/May when the blossoms come, but is fine at the moment).

C0MPAQ
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 1:29 am

I virtually never get sick. As a child I would be less sick than normal and that changed about when I went through puberty. If I even get the flu or some other illness within a year, it is so minor that I likely won't even notice. I think healthy nutrition makes me even less affected by illness.

I was banned 1 minute after creating a thread which criticized the moderation, by mentioning issues like political censorship, social problems and problems of autism unfriendliness, especially in the chat.

Please contact me on http://aspiefriends.net

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 5:25 am

I don't remember when was the last time I got sick

well...walking in t-shirts when it's -30 Celsius degrees probably has something to do with it

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 10:23 am

Well, I believe the poster who said that ASD is linked to digestive system somehow. As I am virtually incapable of reading on a moving vehicle of any kind w/o feeling the urge to vomit. That even includes airplanes, boats and trains. Also I find that when I turn my head about 180 and lean back to pick something up, I feel waves of nausea.

servicedogrights25
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

I get sick quite less than average, actually. It really would be fascinating to learn the reason behind it, though.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

Jayo wrote:
Also I find that when I turn my head about 180 and lean back to pick something up, I feel waves of nausea.

Everyone does

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:38 pm

The only problem i have is that i get tonsillitis and they can be quite sore.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

Do colds, runny and blocked noses count?...if so, then YES- I usually have to carry tissues in my pocket most days.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 3:11 pm

Yes!!. Let us see... Crohn's disease & its many, many complications ( including some developmental issues like delayed growth spurt. Hmm???), Osteo Arthritis, numerous allergies, frequent colds, somewhat frequent bouts of bronchitis, & NO resistance to ANY Streptococus germ ever divide into existence.
I do fit the mold here.

Sincerely,
Matthew

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 5:00 pm

I very rarely get sick. I really don't remember when I last had a cold. I seem to have a very strong immune system.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/