Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 5:08 am

I don't have a monotone voice, per se, though it is a little flat at times. It tends to be flatter when I'm tired.

In some regards, it's hard for me to say how I'd come across naturally because I tend to pick up speech habits from others quite readily.

Perhaps the most notable aspect of my voice is how nasaly it sounds.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 5:00 pm

Ahahahaha, I just imagined myself singing everything that I say after reading this. :D

Yeah, I've been told that my voice sounds boring, monotone, and like SQUIDWARD somehow. It sometimes isn't always that way as far as I know, because when I get really excited, I think my voice is different.

Somebody has even said to me that I sound like I am never happy! That person I rarely talk to though, so I don't think that she's seen me excited.

I don't know what they want me to do, but whatever it is, I'm deciding to not do it, because they clearly know what words I am saying, so it doesn't matter.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 5:10 pm

54together wrote:
I'm autistic, and nobody seems to comment on my voice being monotone. I've recorded my voice and I didn't think it sounded monotone.

I have met many autistic people in my life, but I am yet to come across one with a monotone voice.

Yeah, everybody is different. I don't know if my voice is always monotone, but often when I listen to my voice recorder, a stutter a little, repeat things, pause a lot, sound monotone, louder than other people, sometimes super fast, sometimes slow in comparison to others, and it's just strange when I think about it, but I definitely speak differently from the people around me, also considering that I did not pick up an accent from my family or people around me.

~~~
~~~

IreneS
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm

serenaserenaserena wrote:
Yeah, everybody is different. I don't know if my voice is always monotone, but often when I listen to my voice recorder, a stutter a little, repeat things, pause a lot, sound monotone, louder than other people, sometimes super fast, sometimes slow in comparison to others, and it's just strange when I think about it, but I definitely speak differently from the people around me, also considering that I did not pick up an accent from my family or people around me.

That difference in velocity can have something to do with ADHD, I´ve read. I tend switch speed as well. All of a sudden I begin to speak very fast and without pauses, and then, nothing (just awkwardness).

My voice have been more monotone before, I think, but what I had more problem with was the volume. It´s gotten better but I still begin to speak too loud sometimes, it takes a while for me to be able to control the volume, not always but on occasion. I can sound really angry without being it because of that. When I was younger it was worse, so it seems that these things can improve a lot with age. Maybe singing has helped me, it has helped in a lot of other areas at least.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

I am known for speaking very loudly and or yelling when I talk. It is that more than anything else like the monotone part.

I think that I do remember my counselor discussing the volume and speed of my voice being related to ADHD.

~~~
~~~

anonymoussun
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Oct 2013, 10:22 pm

I have a monotone voice that people often times confuse it with me having an accent instead. As a result of that some times people will ask me where I'm from.

anonymoussun

23 Oct 2013, 10:23 pm

I have a monotone voice that people often times confuse it with me having an accent instead. As a result of that some times people will ask me where I'm from.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 8:57 am

anonymoussun wrote:

interesting, that happens to me too.