Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Ataraxia_N
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2012, 4:33 am

I don't like spending time with people without doing something I find worthwhile so I spend most of my time alone doing what I want when I want and I haven't felt lonely for as long as I can remember. Those few I think of as my friends understand this about me and has come to accept that I have no interest in doing things I think are boring, unnecessary or frivolous.
I am my own best friend, and as long as I can think from more then one point of view I will never lack stimulating "conversation". I can almost always just think about things that interest me and have a better time than if I spent it with someone.

I sometimes think that those who feel lonely are trying to fill some need they have that they themselves cannot fill, which in my opinion only shows that they should get to know themselves better. I don't think using external sources to satisfy an internal need can be a long-term solution. Though this is only a speculation, since I don't really know how it feels to be lonely.

"I live in that solitute which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity." - A. Einstein