Do you get a lot attention from the opposite gender?

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 12:04 am

yes and no. i think i am reasonably ok looking for a 40 year old, but i look much younger (at work they've settled on me looking 25 at maximum). so if you consider me in contrast to 25 year olds (as i appear to be), i'm honestly not really that good looking compared to them. so no... i don't get tons of attention in real life. very occasional basic reaction of some kind like a whistle or something (which i actually appreciate as a compliment).

i get occasional males online who are interested, like on WrongPlanet (just goes to show you that men don't necessarily fit the stereotype of wanting quiet/reticent softspoken women. in my experience men are pretty individual in their tastes).

on FB, i have had a few men hitting on me but they tend to be spammy. they are similar to "love scammers" as they appear to send copied and pasted messages to multiple women. i am always polite to them, but if they are persistent i do defriend them. they don't interact with me other than to proclaim their love/attraction so it isn't really a friendship.

put
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Aug 2012, 3:04 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I would say 'not at all' but to be perfectly honest I wouldn't have a clue if I was being flirted with because I'm hopelessly oblivious. Even my Aspie father said to me "what's wrong with you? That girl practically jumped in your arms and begged you to take her out?" to which I was STILL oblivious since after all, she never spoke up and expressed interest. I'm completely serious when I say that if a women were to literally throw herself repeatedly at me, I would just comment again and again how fortunate I was able to catch her from falling again and again and how she must be having a really bad day. Yes, I was literally that clueless until recently!

Unfortunately, one thing I DID always notice are the negative reactions. I can't forget those no matter how hard I try!

Apparently someone liked me a while ago. Seven people told me this (it got silly, so I started counting) but I still don't really see it. Then again, around the same time I thought someone else did like me, and I was wrong. I really need someone else to help me with these things, cause I'm pretty much oblivious.

The times I did get a positive reaction I was just feeling brave too, it's not like I really thought I had a chance. Got lucky, I guess. I've even read about what to look for in the way of nonverbal communication - doesn't help me at all.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2012, 11:05 pm

I suppose I get a fair amount of attention but I don't care. I'm ridiculously in love with my boyfriend.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"