Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 5:20 pm

I hate shopping for them. I hate wearing them. Only time I like them, is to look at on other women.

If I had nice perky boobs, I would go without wearing one, but my boobs are so droopy from my bad sudden growth spurts :( I'm only 21. They're not that bad, but they're not nice either.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 6:13 pm

I totally get you. I dislike wearing bras as well. When I was younger I just did not use them, but at 40 and after having a child, I just cannot go out without them... BUT... I do not wear bras. I have a huge amount of support tanks and sport bras. I use my support tanks to go EVERYWEAR. I buy them in the same store and all I do is buy the same size in different colors. The only times I wear a bra is when I need to dress fancy, but that is so rare... about once or twice a year.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 7:38 pm

I hate bras. They are extremely uncomfortable, and constantly ride up. They were designed by the Marque de Sade. The next time I buy any, I am going to buy front hook, lacy long line bras, with back support. I think the long line ones won't ride up. The back support will help with my bad back, and the front hooks will make it easier to do up all the hooks that a long line bra has. The lacy front will breathe better, so I won't get too overheated there. And also, there will be no underwires. I don't do underwire bras. I've tried them on, and they hurt just wearing them long enough to try on. Another thing. Every bra I've ever seen pushes the breasts close together, which is uncomfortable, and it isn't natural anyway. With a front hook bra of any type, I will be able to use bra extenders to keep bras of any type from cramming my breasts into one another.

Fortunately, I live alone, seldom go out, and seldom have visitors, so I get to go braless most of the time. :D I only wear those horrible things when I go out, because my breasts are too big to go braless when I go out.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 8:22 pm

This is why I prefer to wear very broken-in sports bras. It is probably 1 out of 100 bras that I do like and then I buy as many as I can afford and wash and dry them in the machine so they get softer.

fossil_n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2012, 12:02 am

Quote:
I hate bras. They are extremely uncomfortable, and constantly ride up . . . Every bra I've ever seen pushes the breasts close together, which is uncomfortable, and it isn't natural anyway.

If it is riding up, that means you need a smaller band size, and if it is pushing the breasts together either you need a larger cup size or the bra is not properly constructed. It took me years to figure this out because I have a very large bust but a very small underbust (=small band size), and american manufacturers literally do not make bras in my size. For a long time, the bras I wore did exactly what you are describing because I couldn't get one in my size. I finally got fitted at a store that knows how to do a proper fitting (hint: if they use a measuring tape, they are doing it wrong), and also sells European bra brands that have a much better range of sizes. The bras are expensive, (about $60 each), so I have had to budget and save up for each one, but it is totally worth it. The band fits snugly and never rides up, and amazingly the bra fits flat against my breastbone in the middle so my breasts don't touch at all. Having a bra that fits properly makes a huge difference.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 3:42 am

im ambilvalent towards my bra but i've discovered not wearing them is better so i do it when i can- winter when loose jumpers can obscure this which isnt hard to do considering im pretty small. the only issue i have with bras is that the front bit pinches and i can never find one that fits, isnt lacy, ichy, isnt a push up bra, is firm and supportive. i get the feeling that sizes arent standardised. its so hard to shop for them and i hate being in stores. and workers always ask you if you need help and its like "i dont wanna talk about my boobs with you". its funny that i wear them now. when i was a little kid i swore i would never wear them because they looked so painful. i thought they were some mysogynistic torture device.

SteffiTheSmile
Toucan
Toucan

13 Aug 2012, 6:54 am

I don't wear them.

Kirsty_84
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

This summer I've started wearing bikini tops which I find much more comfortable, especially the ones with a halterneck that you can tie as tight or as loose as you like.

Also bralets (or sometimes known as crop tops) are more comfortable too. For anyone in the UK - I found some in New Look that are nice (not like kid/teen ones).

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 4:37 pm

I wear them because otherwise, men stare

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 9:59 am

You see, the thing I don't like about my size (34A) is the lack of sophistication in comparison to what is offered in other sizes. Don't get me wrong, but I'm done growing at 28 and I'm pretty much doomed to having small breasts forever. With that said:

when it comes to affordable bras,

Bras in cup sizes of B, C, D, DD: SEXY!

Bras in an A cup: Rainbow colors, neon brights!! ! I'm 12 years old!! ponies forever!! !!

Unless I would of course, desire to pay more money for something like VS or something like that.

Oh! And another thing I hate. When anything "tries" to be sexy in my cup size, they usually kill it with the ridiculous amount of padding they put into it (it should be illegal to put this much padding into a bra). Light padding is alright. But I don't need to have a bra to increase my cup size by two. giant. cup sizes!! to feel sexy. If anything it makes me feel faker than ever knowing that I'm stretching out my shirts with this ridiculous charade. That and padding and foam are usually the first thing to wear out in a bra, NOT the elastic when you have small breasts.

I'm very picky about my bras. I'm currently wearing one I've had since 2003. It's a miracle its elastic hasn't killed itself yet. But it's such a pretty sophisticated bra (it's light blue and has mesh in the back with embroidered white and blue flowers), I'll be sad when it dies. Most of the time though, I go plain jane nude (or plain of some kind) in color and play it up with similarly colored panties. It's the only affordable sexy quotient I'm able to have with my petite pear figure. Because bras aren't where it's at.

forkful_of_soup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Aug 2012, 1:06 pm

I'm an A cup too and I don't go in public without a bra. I prefer a good, supportive underwire, because after two pregnancies, my breasts aren't as perky as they used to be. I prefer the brand Maidenform, their T-shirt bras are great. I can find it at Kohl's or any department store. I never wear push-ups or bras with padding since they're uncomfortable and don't give you much more size.

I've been thinking of trying Bust Boom or a similar product to see if it will "perk up" my boobs at all.

scardykat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2012, 2:04 pm

As a large D I have yet to find many sexy looking bras... Most of the sexy or even the cute ones seem to be made for girls with a-c cups. I also have a ridiculously tiny ribcage... 32 inches around... So finding a bra that fits both ways is a nightmare. I mostly wear sports bras, they give me a snugness that I like and are way more comfy than any other bra could be.

AutisticBelle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Aug 2012, 4:12 pm

I hate them with a passion, but with my size (34 DD) I simply cannot get away with going braless. Ever since I was twelve, I have had to wear supportive, underwire bra's.
By the end of the day, my breasts are sore and sensetive, and my shoulders hurt from the straps. I have tried going and geting a professional fit, but I hated all the touching and condescending "You should take better care of yourself; buy this eighty dollar bra)!
I've considered breast reduction, but I have a fear of surgery. :( Its frustrating.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 2:21 am

I can't tell if I'm supposed to be a 34B or a 36C. Bras are confusing.

SteffiTheSmile
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2012, 6:23 am

DarthMaul wrote:
I can't tell if I'm supposed to be a 34B or a 36C. Bras are confusing.

What's your rib circumference?

KuRowbot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Aug 2012, 4:26 pm

All this talk of uncomfortable bras and not going out in public without one reminds me of a good site I found a while ago.
(Sorry if this sounds like some sort of ad...)
The site has lots of information about properly fitting a bra and how to know if your bra is the right size.
It has other information as well. There is a section about whether one should even wear a bra at all.
It turns out that, contrary to popular belief, bras actually cause sagging rather than prevent it. (There have been studies done.)

EDIT: Warning, the above links do contain a little nudity. (NSFW)