Why I don't have a GF (and what can I do?)

Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Dec 2012, 7:00 am

So it looks like there may be hope on the horizon for me! This girl I met @ Anime Expo 2011 in Los Angeles......... I think she and I may have something together! Stay tuned.....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:17 am

Quote:
The Bad Boys have already had a field day with them. The few that are interested in me have such nasty attitudes it's better to remain single forever. I am NOT a backup plan for some emotionally burned woman!

Just something to think about, we often complain about girls falling for bad boys, while you shouldn't be a back up plan, if she is burnt out from dating bad boys, you might have a small window of opportunity.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

14 Dec 2012, 10:52 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Quote:
The Bad Boys have already had a field day with them. The few that are interested in me have such nasty attitudes it's better to remain single forever. I am NOT a backup plan for some emotionally burned woman!

1.Just something to think about, we often complain about girls falling for bad boys, while you shouldn't be a back up plan, if she is burnt out from dating bad boys, you might have a small window of opportunity.

I agree with this and also want to add something. You're emotionally burned from having ASD (or maybe its co-morbids). So it makes little sense to require perfection in a partner. Compared to the aspie community at large, I am relatively successful with women only because I deliberately target women with flaws that parallel my own.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
I agree with this and also want to add something. You're emotionally burned from having ASD (or maybe its co-morbids). So it makes little sense to require perfection in a partner. Compared to the aspie community at large, I am relatively successful with women only because I deliberately target women with flaws that parallel my own.

Good advice. My girl is FAR from 'perfect' and that's why we get along so well. We both understand each other's struggles in life. As I've said my GF had the single worst 'full' dating profile I have ever seen yet I took a chance and met her. The rest is history!

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 4:42 pm

the hardest part is initiating the pursuit without being desperate

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

Just need to, well, not get cocky......... at this point.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 10:28 pm

I will let you all know what happens. :D Watch this space.....

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 1:03 pm

equestriatola wrote:
So it looks like there may be hope on the horizon for me! This girl I met @ Anime Expo 2011 in Los Angeles......... I think she and I may have something together! Stay tuned.....

it would be a dream come true if i met a future girlfriend at a Pop-Culture Convention

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:31 am

So I am happy to say that I found someone else, though! I plan on meeting her at Anime Expo 2013 in L.A.; it's a different girl, as an aside.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 7:18 am

equestriatola wrote:
So I am happy to say that I found someone else, though! I plan on meeting her at Anime Expo 2013 in L.A.; it's a different girl, as an aside.

Indeed; love is an amazing thing <3

Author/Writer

BrightEyed
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2013, 12:59 am

billiscool wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
i hate how women get a free pass for lacking confidence, being insecure but men do not

Because men like sex. and they wouldn't care less

Yeah it's so sucky that we are continually told that if we aren't the center of objectification and look a certain way by our genders dichotomy we should feel bad. It goes both ways just look at marketing of products that are gender marketed like razors and such like the nono! which more or less serves the same purpose as a man's razor except its gentler and a more feminine color... yeah ofc I'm going to feel self conscious because I don't feel the need to use such products despite how keenly aware I am of the NATURAL BODY hair on my face and then told Im not pretty because of it or told to cover it up with make up.

Of course you don't get this somehow "easy" opt out as a male to be who you are without someone or something telling you you're not masculine enough. Women sadly do that too but not intentionally however that doesn't make it okay to assume we as women are okay with an easy cop-out of being seen as insecure and lacking self esteem.

If you're going to date us respect us don't use our vulnerabilities against or targeting us in that way because that just makes it worse when things go south. Just look at people who struggle with their lives because of such issues and turn to dangerous habits of coping with it.

To the assumption on appearance status = sexual reproduction
Btw Biological Essentialism by gender basically discriminates and forces women into another false dichotomy that is socially constructed and is actually very diverse (Just look at the LGTBQA aspie community because they do exist) .Btw not everyone who has sex wants offspring.

I don't want to be considered rude here but please as an Aspie myself and Female I do not feel that was a great way to phrase such comments and especially to be clumped into a group that way, just FYI. Have a good day. :)

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm

3 years later and you're engaged and soon to get married.

I guess you found "the one" in LA.