Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 9:54 am

Has anyone else experienced workplace bullying?

I'm gay and have been copping crap from people ever since I told them. Every girl I talk to to they assume I'm interested in, the latest was a 17yro studen who I was talking to as they walked past. Now when I enter the room they say hello pedo as in pedophile. They accuse me of looking down the students short when I wasn't and when I fell of a chair and landed at a nurses feet they said pity she wasn't wearing a skirt hey.

I'm feeling really stressed by this

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 10:31 am

Just go for the jugular and speak to the boss. That should work.

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 10:36 am

It's difficult as I do interact with them. Like they were what I considered friends and I didn't realise it as bullying until someone told me. I'm so confused

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 10:44 am

If they are insulting you about being gay and call you a pedophile that is NOT ok. In jest or not, that is both discrimination and serious accusations they are making about you. No real friend would treat you this way. I would report this to your boss as soon as possible. I hope it gets taken care of, and that you don't need to be subjected to this in the work place again.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 10:52 am

Sounds like you're working with some of the worst people on Earth. That is pretty offensive. And the guys doing this must be a very special group of people. If I was in that situation I'd find out more about how special they were, because that should be really interesting. They are losing on so many levels by acting like that, and I would not stop until that was proven. You win, you think big and reflected, they lose.

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 11:03 am

I have meeting tomorrow with the reginal manager about it. It's a bit confusing for me as I considered these people friends

I just want to stay in my room now because of it

kalor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 7:31 pm

By no stretch of the imagination can these animals be considered friends.

Spell out the truth to the regional manager. I hope the fires them, it's workplace harrassment

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 7:33 pm

Fire them. Fire them all! But really, they have no right to to say such things, and you should definitely go to whoever is in charge and capable of dealing with such nonsense.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

The nice thing about workplaces is that bosses, even bad ones will not tolerate harassment. You need to speak to them immediately and tell them flat out you won't tolerate it. I've had some bad bosses but none ever turned their back on this type of behavior.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 9:27 pm

record them saying it, most cellphones have a feature to record. if you do record them you will gain massive leverage in the situation.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 9:44 pm

coolies wrote:
I have meeting tomorrow with the reginal manager about it.

I'm glad to hear this. Depending upon where you live, sexual orientation is a protected class by law (like race, religion, etc under federal law in the US). They should not be doing this. The sad thing is that even though it is bullying (because I don't believe they would be doing it to someone who could defend themselves...sorry if I am reading in to it, but you remind me of my son because sometimes he cannot tell when people are or are not his friends), the very people doing it probably wouldn't recognize it as bullying because for some reason it is OK to be cruel to people you don't consider to be disabled or disadvantaged in some way.

I am so very sorry this is happening. Don't let it make you lose faith in all humans, though. There are good people out there. These just aren't them.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 9:48 pm

Bullying you about your sexuality is wrong.

Calling you a pedo is REALLY wrong.

I'm glad your speaking to someone about it.