Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Musik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2006, 8:15 pm

Theres this cute girl in some of my classes and whenever I make one of my risque jokes she does that "oh my god!" laugh sort of thing and smiles at me. She always smiles at me and looks at me in a way that makes me think she's flirting but... She's definatly NT and is a popular girl. Should I go for it?

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2006, 8:37 pm

If you feel safe enough in doing so, then go for it! 'You'll never know until you try', or so they say. Let us know how it goes man.

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Dec 2006, 9:00 pm

GO FOR IT!

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2006, 10:38 pm

Musik wrote:
...one of my risque jokes she does that "oh my god!" laugh sort of thing and smiles at me.

Risque jokes... that would turn me away from a person if I were a girl. But alas, I'm not a girl - and more importantly, I'm not NT.

To bring some realism ito this discussion... before you do anything, consider the following question:
Does she act differently around YOU than around anyone else? If so, HOW?
Because girls like to laugh, or so I have observed. Sometimes at nothing whatsoever. Actually, often at nothing whatsoever.

In the past two weeks a number of incidents have occurred where girls have laughed at something I may have said, funny or not. Sometimes I feel that laughing in girls seems to be the equivalent of saying, "yeah, uh huh..." Does that mean that all of these girls like me and have a goal to go out with me by the end of December or slit their wrists?

So consider that before moving on the chessboard of social interaction.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 12:29 am

dude.

if she's one of the good looking ones...uh uh. no. nada. zilch. zero. stay away.

not a good sign. go for the girls that aren't as noticed by the guys. you don't want to be hurt.

trust me. it's what i do.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Dec 2006, 12:50 am

Gamester wrote:
dude.

if she's one of the good looking ones...uh uh. no. nada. zilch. zero. stay away.

not a good sign. go for the girls that aren't as noticed by the guys. you don't want to be hurt.

this is some of the worst advice i've ever seen on WrongPlanet!

willow
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 1:02 am

go for it.

laughter is one of the best things. you made her laugh and smile...so talk to her.

:D :D :D

willow
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 1:03 am

Gamester wrote:
dude.

you....are bitter and vindictive...your bias makes you unfit to give advice.

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2006, 1:11 am

You have a lot more to gain than you do to lose, and it sounds like you have a pretty good chance, so do it. Of course that's easy to say, I'd be too scared :D

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 2:27 am

maychance I should clear up what I said, as so I am not misrepresented as bitter and vindictive.

I generally stay away from the girls that are considered "hot" and "good looking" at school. Girls like that usually while they seem sweet and whatnot, aren't worth it. These are teh girls that almost any other good looking guy, who is a jock and who is more muscle then brain will be going after. usually these girls will go for these type of guys.

I'm not a handsomly attractive guy, but I do know a good catch when I see one. I'm the type of guy who sets my eyes on the girl who isn't considered as attractive by the other guys, who the other girls think has a problem, the one who gets labeled. the ones who wish they were prettier. These girls are the ones that I know are worth dating. Not because they're going to not cheat on you, but because they're not obsessed with looks or anything else. You notice them, because they stand out to you. They may be slightly chubby, they may have bad hair, they may be short, it could be anything. But these girls are the type any guy who is the normal average joe, like me, would go for, because I know that if I were to go after a pretty girl, I'd get my heart hurt.

It's all about relativity. and this is Theory of Romantic Relativity and Relationships 5.

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Dec 2006, 11:47 am

just do it! go for it or you will regret it for a long long time..

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 12:13 pm

Very good!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 12:14 pm

Very good!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 7:16 pm

You've got nothing to lose, If she says no, well, it's not the end of the world.

LIke someone else said.. if you don't do it you'll be hung up on the whole "I wonder what COULD have happened"

Even if you just be friends with her thats a start :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 5:50 pm

If NT girl is promiscous, then stay the hell away from her. As an Aspie dude who had his fair share of run-ins with promiscous girls, and if she tries to hit on you, stay the hell away from her! If she is not, then try to hang out with her but not with her friends. her friends could find you creepy and probably report you. Try to see if any of her interests match yours.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 11:56 pm

Thank you Double A.

Yeah. like Double A said, if she's a promiscoious girl, stay the heck away. that's a very bad thing, and it could lead to a bigger disaster.