Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danny24198
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2012, 4:26 pm

Would you live forever on a wholly 'Aspie' populated planet if it were possible?

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

No

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 4:29 pm

It depends on the aspies that were populating it.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

I would! Lol. That was my dream when I was younger.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 4:35 pm

Yes

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 4:46 pm

Hmmm, no. Life will still be hard wherever I am, because I'm shy. If I was in a room full of Aspies, there will always be an Aspie that's louder than me, even if they are shy to NTs, and, like all humans, they will look up to the most chattiest, and center the conversations around them. It happens everywhere, all humans just have that instinct. And so wherever I am, I would be pushed to the back. And I will still be worried about what others think of me, because not all people on the spectrum are unaware of social behaviour and conformity.

I may also feel like an outcast too, because I'm not that clever. Heh, heh, I didn't even know what a blog is, 2 years ago. Everybody knows what that is, Aspie or not. And I feel I take in more of people's intentions, personalities and details, more than facts and other logical things. I'm even really good at expressing how I feel. So nah, I don't think I would get on on an exclusively Aspie planet.

I'd rather live in the NT world, where there are NTs, but also diverse neurology (non-NTs other than Aspies), like Down's Syndrome, Mental Retardation, ADHD, and other conditions that differ from the norm, whether it's slightly or moderately or severely or whatever.

With NTs, I feel like a moth among butterflies. A lot of similarities but have some different ways. Butterflies come out in the day, flutter around flowers, so on. A moth usually comes out at night, and flutters around lights. But both butterflies and moth flutter, and look the same if one fluttered quickly past you, generally (I have seen brown butterflies before, and I've seen yellow and green moths before). I don't feel COMPLETELY different, like a fly or bluebottle would around butterflies.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 4:58 pm

Think of the possibilities. We could make the world absolutely logical

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 5:04 pm

I'd love to visit one, but I'd hate the lack of diversity, so I wouldn't want to live there. If you had nothing but autistics, the world would be boring just as it would be if you had only NTs. I think the ideal is to have a world where all sorts of people live and contribute their specialties to everyone else. I don't mean communist; just that there is a place for everybody, that people with all kinds of different abilities can be an active part of a society.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

unseenu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2012, 5:14 pm

I'd like to live in it temporarily to see if it worked or not.It's quite a common plot on TV :someone says "I wish I lived in a world where X was true",they then live through the results for a few days then return to their old life after finding the new one was somehow not so great.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2012, 5:22 pm

unseenu wrote:
I'd like to live in it temporarily to see if it worked or not.It's quite a common plot on TV :someone says "I wish I lived in a world where X was true",they then live through the results for a few days then return to their old life after finding the new one was somehow not so great.

If everyone leaves the moment things go bad, there is no way it would work.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 5:30 pm

I've thought about it for the past week. I don't think it would go over too well. There could end up being a lot of conflicts due to a lack of empathy and Theory of Mind. Most of us have a hard time trying to imagine what it would be like to be around people with different beliefs and most of us are also set in our ways as well. If you put a bunch of Aspies with conflicting interests and values and put them in one room, all hell would break loose. I feel that we're better off on the planet that we're on with WP on the Internet to turn to.

lambey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2012, 5:35 pm

no, purely because i need someone to start the conversations and stuff, tell me where im going wrong and try to help me get things right.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

We would figure it out. We would be so many thinking it out together. A society on our principles wouldnt even need todays rules of socializing. Callista is right of course. But remember a lot of the problems you have come from living on the Wrong Planet :alien:

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 6:40 pm

I think it's something that would be nice at first. However, over time, I don't think it would be worth it. There are a lot of things that NT's can do and provide that I think would be missed in an all-Aspie world.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 6:54 pm

I would rather live in the forest as a trapper/farmer. I could grow a field of potato's then distil them info alcohol to run a generator for power. I could even use water power in an area with steep hills.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

Underscore wrote:
Think of the possibilities. We could make the world absolutely logical

Provided no illogical aspies were allowed in! LOL! Gosh...it's almost like people forget they exist! They exist! They exist!

Too much of one thing, even if it is a "good" thing, is rarely a good thing.