Inappropriate Affection toward Young Girls

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

keiko
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Aug 2012, 10:10 pm

One other thing I wanted to add to everyone's thoughtful advice.

As someone who works in mental health I've had some experience with this. I helped run a weekly group therapy session with teenagers who were sexual abusers of children. All of the teens had been abused themselves. Hopefully, your nephew became inappropriately aroused on one occasion and there is no larger problem. But, if he is sexually attracted to young kids in general, then I would recommend that, after you get Joe and any potential victims out of harms way, you gently explore whether he was ever victimized. Regardless of the course you and your sister take I think it would be helpful to involve a therapist/psychiatrist/social worker, whoever, just someone he could speak openly with. I know it may not be possible but obviously this is very very heavy stuff you're dealing with. good luck

Shellfish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2012, 2:48 am

League_Girl wrote:
If he is having an erection because he is around kids, that means he is a pedophile. Sure that doesn't mean he will touch them wrong because not all pedophiles do that and only 20% of them actually do it.
Only?? surely it should be, 20% of paedophiles act on it!!