The type of problem-people I have encountered

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2012, 12:40 pm

Let me make a list myself. Sometimes these qualities can appear in one single person.

(1) The "you are deffective" kind of person: This is the guy who constantly insults everyone. "Your legs are fat. Your face has a scar on the left side". They aren't always ugly or deffective, no, they can be attractive people who like to feel good about themselves by making others feel bad. They can be either narcissistic, or they don't feel good about themselves at all.

(2) The socialite: This is the person that is outgoing and identifies you as a person who doesn't like to socialize, so he teases you to make himself look cool. He doesn't have to be a bully, but he is definitely a problem.

(3) The redeemer: this person will make you cool. He will make you a party animal, and everyone will like you. This is the type of person that can get you drunk, even high, if you let him. He is SO COOL, he can make you cool. He will befriend you for the sole purpose of making you cool. Unlike the socialite, who has no interest in you besides teasing you, the redeemer is totally interested in you because he wants to save you from your own limited personality.

(4) The slanderer: fortunately I encountered this piece of trash only one in my life. In my case, he told people I was a member of a devil worshiping cult in Gainesville, Florida. Before that, he told me a girl I had met had snakes inside her bedroom and fed them little chicks and laughed while they were being eaten. He was creative, I have to give him that.

(5) The snob: the good thing about these people is that they rarely bother with you. You are so, so below them, they won't bother with you.

(6) The racist: if you are a member of a racial group he dislikes, #6 is no different than $5.

(7) The moralist: this is the self-righteous person who can instruct you in what is good or not. If you do anything he dislikes, he can go as far as calling the police on you. However, sometimes he is a lawbreaker himself.

(8) The bully: I saved the best for last. This is the subject of many movies. A psychopath with the skill to manipulate people and take advantage of those weaker than he is. Only a small minority of bullies end up in jail. Many of them glide through life getting one victim after another. Any of the people above can be a bully, in fact.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 12:47 pm

I don't think the redeemer's are all that bad. The friends I made in high school were sort of like that. They never tried to make me do things I didn't want to though. Sometimes though they would prevent me from doing something that would have horrible results.

I think it's if they see you as just a project or as a friend who needs some help. I was eager for the help though, so I was glad to get it.

I do imagine some see us as a "pet nerd" or something, but there are good ones out there.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 12:56 pm

I'm just wondering if this list would be different for women. At least some of them maybe.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2012, 1:12 pm

I forgot

#9 the Drama Queen: this one can be a man too. It is usually the type of person that wants to cause a fight, or goes around pretending to be a victim, or a martyr, or the one that works the most. Bullies can become drama queens if you stop them. If you break a bully's nose, he won't stop being a drama queen until you pay for his surgery, for example.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2012, 2:33 pm

rpcarnell wrote:
(5) The snob: the good thing about these people is that they rarely bother with you. You are so, so below them, they won't bother with you.

Snobs turn up in unexpected places, particularly what seemed like a "snob-free" zone.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

#10 The Clown:

This one can be particularly nasty to someone who is shy, autistic. He can make you, or fat people, or women, the subject of his jokes, and can take advantage of your shyness, insecurities to make fun of you.
This type of person can be very insecure, or very arrogant, but one thing is for sure, he socializes by making people laugh, or by pretending he is cool.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 2:04 am

lostgirl1986 wrote:
I'm just wondering if this list would be different for women. At least some of them maybe.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Or they'll have a slightly different description.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2012, 2:18 am

For women, the bully is actually called "b***h". b*****s rarely use physical force to abuse others. They use lies instead.