Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 5:12 pm

i don't like people mispronouncing 'aspergers'

or calling it a disability, even if it is.

or saying that i "suffer" from it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm

Being an as*hole when I don't want to be one.

The needs that other people are not aware of.

MilkTea
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2014, 4:14 am

Sensory sensibility, there's this girl in my job who loves listening music at maximum volume, but it isn't like I can complain so I just wear noise cancelling headphones and always end up feeling bad, One time I complained and she just said I was being egoistic and disrespectful. . . anyway.
Plus, the little knowledge of it in my country.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 5:28 am

Oh, man! You should have answered: "Look who´s talking!". Aren´t there a couple more people, who would like to protest against her mega volume?

HimekoShirayuki
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm

I feel trapped inside my own mind (which is pretty loud), stuck with routines and addictions that prevent me from achieving my goals (I have a strong desire to change, i hate routine, but whenever I try to change I get overwhelmed and scared), and the stereotypes, of course (I don't like sciences at all; I s**k in maths; I'm VERY imaginative and i can pretend play; I'm VERY sarcastic, but i not always understand when people be sarcastic to me; I have empathy and sense of humor!)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 3:05 am

i have never had many sensory overloads ever, until some exceptional incident today.
i was walking out of my therapy session today, i told my dad before i went in that i would like to order a pizza when we got home. the herapy session went well, no complaint there, but i was not expecting my father to give me his phone, with the pizza lady already on the line, right when we walked out before i had a chance to make up my mind as to what i would be indulging in later. we walked to his car, in a small parking lot and the tenant right across the small lot was practicing violin loudly. i know i am making Himalayas out of a molehill, but the playing of the violin, plus a persistent pizza lady on the line waiting for me to order a pie i do not know, and my dad verbally rushing me made pizza ordering impossible and i'm sure i let him down. :lol:

besides, i order the same thing all the time anyway, could have just went with a large pepperoni but i felt like i needed to spice things up a bit. :P exactly how i did not know!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 3:20 am

I hate the low barrier for anxiety and depression.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 4:05 am

Sensory issues
Not being able to handle change easily
Being made to feel like some kind of weirdo just because I'm not an uber-extrovert and I prefer focusing on my hobbies
Slower mental processing
Being clumsier than average
Having a greater predisposition to mental health problems like depression, anxiety, and OCD
Communication issues
Innate "self-centeredness" caused by TOM deficits

There are plenty of things that suck about being on the spectrum, though honestly, if I wasn't an aspie, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I have my problems, but a lot of people value my intelligence, my talent in certain specific areas, and the fact that I can provide insight from a different point of view. Of course, a lot of people also think that I need to be "whipped into shape" and given an attitude adjustment, so that I can be just like everyone else. Those people are what I call ignorant a**holes.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 4:52 am

Quote:
I have my problems, but a lot of people value my intelligence, my talent in certain specific areas, and the fact that I can provide insight from a different point of view.

That is exactly, what is hard for people to grasp: Talent and brilliance alongside with handicap in a normal looking person, - for the same reason, that they can´t understand how intellectual interests and enjoyment of very primitive" stuff, like conversations between anglers can go hand in hand.
Things must stay/be understandable within established categories. (who´s "autistic" then? 8) )