Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Purplepolkadots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2014, 5:10 pm

The fact that I don't understand saracasm, my emotional immaturity, spd, suicidal thoughts, or that I sometimes appear emotionless. :

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 11:27 pm

i get suicidal thoughts too, all the time. been pulled out of class for them. i was interrogated for 4 hours today at school with multiple counselors and a police officer, not strictly about my suicide related thoughts but it came up quite a bit of times.
they aren't an aspie exclusive trait though, tons and tons of NTs and other neurodiverse individuals get them at this point of our lives, sadly end up acting on them, these ages are a maelstrom of emotions.

appearing emotionless sucks. you can deliver all sorts of wrong messages if you constantly wear a poker face and don't express yourself verbally. perhaps the most annoying is
"are you ok?? do you want anything"

"i'm fine, thanks"
i appreciate their concern, but sometimes i feel bad for being so closed about myself and expecting them to be mind readers.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 12:18 pm

The easily raised anxiety, being misinterpreted - and even worse, being the one, who misinterprets.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 2:57 pm

Before I used to hate myself for having Asperger but now I'm really proud to have it to be honest but I still hate it when I can't connect to others and be with others, I hate feeling a lone, I hate being misunderstood, i hate being called crazy and dumb for some behaviors which come from it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 5:12 pm

i don't like people mispronouncing 'aspergers'

or calling it a disability, even if it is.

or saying that i "suffer" from it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm

Being an as*hole when I don't want to be one.

The needs that other people are not aware of.

MilkTea
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2014, 4:14 am

Sensory sensibility, there's this girl in my job who loves listening music at maximum volume, but it isn't like I can complain so I just wear noise cancelling headphones and always end up feeling bad, One time I complained and she just said I was being egoistic and disrespectful. . . anyway.
Plus, the little knowledge of it in my country.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 5:28 am

Oh, man! You should have answered: "Look who´s talking!". Aren´t there a couple more people, who would like to protest against her mega volume?

HimekoShirayuki
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm

I feel trapped inside my own mind (which is pretty loud), stuck with routines and addictions that prevent me from achieving my goals (I have a strong desire to change, i hate routine, but whenever I try to change I get overwhelmed and scared), and the stereotypes, of course (I don't like sciences at all; I s**k in maths; I'm VERY imaginative and i can pretend play; I'm VERY sarcastic, but i not always understand when people be sarcastic to me; I have empathy and sense of humor!)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 3:05 am

i have never had many sensory overloads ever, until some exceptional incident today.
i was walking out of my therapy session today, i told my dad before i went in that i would like to order a pizza when we got home. the herapy session went well, no complaint there, but i was not expecting my father to give me his phone, with the pizza lady already on the line, right when we walked out before i had a chance to make up my mind as to what i would be indulging in later. we walked to his car, in a small parking lot and the tenant right across the small lot was practicing violin loudly. i know i am making Himalayas out of a molehill, but the playing of the violin, plus a persistent pizza lady on the line waiting for me to order a pie i do not know, and my dad verbally rushing me made pizza ordering impossible and i'm sure i let him down. :lol:

besides, i order the same thing all the time anyway, could have just went with a large pepperoni but i felt like i needed to spice things up a bit. :P exactly how i did not know!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 3:20 am

I hate the low barrier for anxiety and depression.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 4:05 am

Sensory issues
Not being able to handle change easily
Being made to feel like some kind of weirdo just because I'm not an uber-extrovert and I prefer focusing on my hobbies
Slower mental processing
Being clumsier than average
Having a greater predisposition to mental health problems like depression, anxiety, and OCD
Communication issues
Innate "self-centeredness" caused by TOM deficits

There are plenty of things that suck about being on the spectrum, though honestly, if I wasn't an aspie, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I have my problems, but a lot of people value my intelligence, my talent in certain specific areas, and the fact that I can provide insight from a different point of view. Of course, a lot of people also think that I need to be "whipped into shape" and given an attitude adjustment, so that I can be just like everyone else. Those people are what I call ignorant a**holes.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 4:52 am

Quote:
I have my problems, but a lot of people value my intelligence, my talent in certain specific areas, and the fact that I can provide insight from a different point of view.

That is exactly, what is hard for people to grasp: Talent and brilliance alongside with handicap in a normal looking person, - for the same reason, that they can´t understand how intellectual interests and enjoyment of very primitive" stuff, like conversations between anglers can go hand in hand.
Things must stay/be understandable within established categories. (who´s "autistic" then? 8) )