Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 11:27 pm

The fact I have only 2 friends, they are the best 2 friends in the world, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 12:40 am

The comorbid anxiety disorder and ADHD.

c0bo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Aug 2012, 10:56 am

Nothing, what is there to hate about it?

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2012, 7:03 pm

I agree about the far worse disorders. There's cancer, cystic fibrosis, heart failure, muscular dystrophy, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, the list goes on. Asperger's in itself is not fatal or life threatening.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2012, 7:07 pm

bcousins wrote:
The fact I have only 2 friends, they are the best 2 friends in the world, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

I have four great friends, two sorta friends. I spend my summers with my gparents so I have another set of four friends down there. I annoy them but I also bend over backwards to be nice to them so it evens out.

WritingFiend
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm

Being awkward and having a totally non-sequitor mind that most people don't understand, and how I have to rely on other people to make friends for me. I seriously can't make friends on my own. I have to have a pre-existing friend to introduce me to other people. Most of the time, I just lock up and vanish into my own world and don't talk, which causes me to come across as apathetic to most people.

Also, how I end up staring at people. 8O . I never mean to, but it ends up happening, especially when someone has something interesting about their face. I can't tell you how many times this has led to humiliation. Such as when I end up staring at a homeless person or someone disabled. :oops:

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:16 am

i hate that they don't put more effort in trying to find all the aspie girls and women out there!

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

UDAspie13 wrote:
I agree about the far worse disorders. There's cancer, cystic fibrosis, heart failure, muscular dystrophy, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, the list goes on. Asperger's in itself is not fatal or life threatening.

You know I have ADD, dyspraxia, hypersensitivity, Reynauds syndrome, coeliacs disease, type one diabetes, used to have an extreeme allergy to berries and still have one to wasp stings plus some other spontaneous life threatening allergies. I've been in hospital for at least a year and a half of my life and I would say Aspergers is the worst thing I have to deal with. I know a boy who is only able to move his arms and head by himself- he is tube fed and can't speak at all and he is always smiling and laughing. You can never use the condition as a way to determine how someone should think.

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2012, 5:14 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Those who complain about it. It's not going to change the fact that you have Asperger's when you complain about it.

Those who assume everyone feels the exact same way about it as they do.

I wish very, very much that I didn't hate it as much as I do but to say the truth one tiny injection meant to save my life has almost made me lose it on more than one occasion. I have been bullied and shoved in a world I hated so much I've been on the very ede trying to get away from it. I'm not merely complaining I have reasons and comments like this do not help me get any better.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2012, 9:21 pm

PixieXW wrote:
UDAspie13 wrote:

You know I have ADD, dyspraxia, hypersensitivity, Reynauds syndrome, coeliacs disease, type one diabetes, used to have an extreeme allergy to berries and still have one to wasp stings plus some other spontaneous life threatening allergies. I've been in hospital for at least a year and a half of my life and I would say Aspergers is the worst thing I have to deal with. I know a boy who is only able to move his arms and head by himself- he is tube fed and can't speak at all and he is always smiling and laughing. You can never use the condition as a way to determine how someone should think.

sorry, I didn't think of that....
that'd one of my AS issues, lack of seeing things from a different perspective....... and empathy..... hope I didn't offend you too badly wasn't trying to.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2012, 10:06 pm

Never being able to find the right words to explain my side of an argument/confrontation. Only after it's over do I find the words I wanted to use.

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2012, 1:07 am

UDAspie13 wrote:
PixieXW wrote:
UDAspie13 wrote:

sorry, I didn't think of that....
that'd one of my AS issues, lack of seeing things from a different perspective....... and empathy..... hope I didn't offend you too badly wasn't trying to.

That's ok, my mum spent a long time trying to teach me empathy and I'm not exactly great at it either.

Lakelly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Sep 2012, 7:45 am

The fact that I can't assess my social status easily. Some people like my sense of humour and others think I'm a pessimistic antisocial geek...

jumjummju
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2012, 1:00 am

For me, it'd be when I can't tell when someone is being sarcastic with me, or just messing with me. And then when I get confused or try to explain whatever it is to them, they tell me to calm down because they were just messing with me. Well, yeah, but, how the hell was I supposed to know?

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

PixieXW wrote:
My thing would be haveing special interests- they drive me nuts and I have nothing to do about them, there is no medication or diet or operation you can have to stop it and I have just found out a person I thought was a friend has now been vomplainig about me behind my back!
What do other people hate and why?

Manoeuvring yourself into a trap and unable to exit it whilst being half-conscious about it.
and energy levels are so low that you are just hopeless and it kills about anything you have had before.
Leading to a state where it is difficult to see your positive sides that you normally would value as being much more important than the negative sides.
Hating yourself is so useless, in principle

Your whole little world just collapses into nothing although you know there is still you and you used to be so strong some time,
having found already 2001 times a workaround. But now you are flattened like a pan cake that is slowly fried to black stuff
because you forgot to care about the important things
and you idiot still eat that pan cake :lol:
because you are hungry and the shop like too far away(100 m)

Basicly going mad with conscience, because you know roughly what is going to come and you can see it with yourself how it develops
into this nice scary state

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

bcousins wrote:
The fact I have only 2 friends

Some Aspies have no friends at all. You should consider yourself to be lucky.