Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

bcousins wrote:
The fact I have only 2 friends

Some Aspies have no friends at all. You should consider yourself to be lucky.

Nerdyimperator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

I don't mind having asperger's, I could do without the hypersensitivities and meltdowns though.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

Julia_the_Great wrote:
Being extremely trusting and not knowing that I shouldn't like/trust/believe people.

Yes... THIS!

At my age, you'd think I'd get a clue that just about EVERYONE lies all the time but I fall for it over and over. It's like I'm missing the caution gene.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 4:13 pm

PixieXW wrote:
My thing would be haveing special interests- they drive me nuts and I have nothing to do about them, there is no medication or diet or operation you can have to stop it and I have just found out a person I thought was a friend has now been vomplainig about me behind my back!
What do other people hate and why?

I don't think you're whining at all. It's good to share our discomforts so we know we're not alone. So many people in the world don't understand me and make me feel so wrong. It's nice when I run into another human who know exactly what I'm talking about. I have days where I'm starved for that connection. WP is the perfect outlet for this.

Also, there are so many clever aspies. Some have found ways to get around certain discomforts. If we never discuss them, we miss the opportunities to share.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

unduki wrote:
Julia_the_Great wrote:
Being extremely trusting and not knowing that I shouldn't like/trust/believe people.

Yes... THIS!

At my age, you'd think I'd get a clue that just about EVERYONE lies all the time but I fall for it over and over. It's like I'm missing the caution gene.

ME TOO! I am ALWAYS being taken advantage of, it seems, or so I think... I have friends who text me for hours if I'm helping them with homework and then stop as soon as they know what they need to know... my brother borrows my stuff and is only nice when he wants something, he calls me weird otherwise (And he has possible ADHD and/or possible AS, so that shows how not-fitting-the-norm I am...)
Also I feel like I am constantly second-guessing myself because I literally CAN'T figure out double-meanings of what I say... and usually the double meanings are, well, less than pure...
Also I talk too much...
VERY clumsy (was walking around thinking about chinchillas... and then just suddenly dropped what I was holding. In one weekend I ran into a tree, a column, a lotion display, countless doorjams and doors and doorknobs, a piece or two of furniture, tripped over my own feet while walking, almost fell down the stairs... It's a wonder my mother lets me walk anymore :roll: )

jwalk122
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Sep 2012, 10:35 pm

although i definatly think that having aspergers is a gift that comes in handy at times often i can feel very frustrated when i see other people socializing because they make it seem so easy. making friends can be explained so simpily in a book but it is so complicated in real life.

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2012, 11:00 pm

jwalk122 wrote:
although i definatly think that having aspergers is a gift that comes in handy at times often i can feel very frustrated when i see other people socializing because they make it seem so easy. making friends can be explained so simpily in a book but it is so complicated in real life.
I know what you mean; everyone seems to expect you to fit in with everyone else automatically. I don't mean to be condescending, but sometimes I wish judgmental NTs could get a feel of what Aspergers Sydrome can feel like in social situations. Just so they know that everybody is different and not everyone can be as perfect. Words in a book can only go so far and can't tell you what to do; only you can do that. I'm not sure I consider it a gift, though...

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2012, 1:07 am

The main thing that bothers me is how my lack of social ability has hampered my professional career. I know that if I could be more social and network better, I could've made much more progress than I have.

Aliakim
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2012, 7:15 am

SteffiTheSmile wrote:
The energy it sucks out of when you do anything social, or are even near people.

I absolutely agree. I have so much I want to be doing all the time, that taking time out for exhaustion after social interactions seems very wasteful to me, but I still need it, and I'll completely crash without it. Also not being the clumsiest person in the world would be nice - I think the tables and the walls would probably appreciate me not walking in to them every few minutes. The interests I'm planning to pursue as a career, so that's good for me. Otherwise I think I'm fine with it. It would be nice not to get stressed out and have difficulty when making basic decisions, but overall I would rather have AS, irritating bits and all, than not. It's given me the ability to focus intensely for hours and hours, and hopefully that will help me get into my ideal job. I understand that this isn't the same for everyone, and I'm only recently diagnosed and coming to terms with it myself, but I am happy at the moment.

BigManAsper
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2012, 11:10 pm

Diet, Speaking disorder (Seriously it's gotten me in more than enough trouble).

Other than that, I can't complain (I'm an Aspie myself you see).

Natalya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2012, 8:03 am

For me (and this is just really silly), but it's the lack of spatial awareness (i.e. being clumsy), so I misjudge where walls and doorways are, and crash into things and bash things (and me) and it's just down-right annoying. Other than that, I'm okay.

musicaddict95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

I hate that I'm really quiet around people I don't know or just met.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 9:28 am

lack of social life

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 5:30 pm

The fact that I was labelled with the sodding thing in the first place! It's not like I asked for it.
Also the name of it, no matter how you pronounce it it still suits the nature of the disorder: dorkish.

c0bo

03 Nov 2012, 3:31 am

Being slow and clumsy.

qwertyuiop1994
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2012, 6:24 am

Finding it hard to understand people and being seen as strange.