Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kitutal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2013, 11:35 am

Not so much the difficulty with communicating, but the feeling that gave me growing up of being different and making mistakes and so on, which made me avoid even trying for years, to the point where now that I want to relax and try talking to people and making friends, it's a continual struggle against layers of suppression of saying or doing what I want, that and a lack of practice means I struggle to talk loud enough for people to hear at all.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 2:51 pm

Mostly all the self-hatred that comes with it.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 8:18 pm

People thinking that my issue is "all in my head" or that "I could be normal if I just tried harder".

Austine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2013, 8:52 pm

For me personally would be the genuine lack of emotion most of the time, my near monotone way of speaking, and my complete uninterest in things that concern teenagers these days, my emotional and physical isolation, my awkwardness in conversation, and finally my trust in others, as in I do not expect to be lied to but that may be because I am, for all intents and purposes, honest, brutally honest as I put it, which is something people have a hard time grasping because I am very black and white. That would probably be a good summary of what causes people to be annoyed by me. Then of course there is the fact no one knows I have aspergers (the diagnosis was only last month) so that helps. People mostly think that I am odd. Or crazy when they think I cannot hear them.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 11:39 am

Austine wrote:
For me personally would be the genuine lack of emotion most of the time, my near monotone way of speaking, and my complete uninterest in things that concern teenagers these days, my emotional and physical isolation, my awkwardness in conversation, and finally my trust in others, as in I do not expect to be lied to but that may be because I am, for all intents and purposes, honest, brutally honest as I put it, which is something people have a hard time grasping because I am very black and white. That would probably be a good summary of what causes people to be annoyed by me. Then of course there is the fact no one knows I have aspergers (the diagnosis was only last month) so that helps. People mostly think that I am odd. Or crazy when they think I cannot hear them.

I am on the opposite side of the spectrum. I overexpress emotions.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2014, 11:11 pm

Nothing wrong in my opinion. If I was a "normal general ed" student I would probably be doing football, basketball and baseball for both league and high school, text friends all the time and go to the movies with 15 of my closest cute girls. I probably wouldn't give a ( ) about the teachers or bus drivers, but instead, I have several friends but only a couple are big best friends, and most of my friends in elementary and junior high were the teachers, aides and the school bus drivers. I still have friendships with several teachers and my bus drivers in the school district I am in now. I blab with them a lot - maybe too much! My district is pretty lean on bus rules - no eating, no fighting, remain seated, etc. while other districts have rules that say "students may not talk to the bus driver". That doesn't apply with me...
I don't care for sports either. Watching them - yes. But playing them - no. After getting a low score on a cross country meet, and then going into a meltdown over it, I didn't do any more school sports. I'd probably suck at everything.

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2014, 9:45 am

The bullying I'm exposed to because of it.
The sensory issues.
The meltdowns, especially depression meltdowns.
Being the only Aspergirl in my school.
The stress of having to socially interact with people every day.
But most of all...
My school suspected I had AS back when I was 10 years old and being referred to them. Yet even after having no friends, being bullied, getting in trouble though I didn't know what I did wrong, and my hair falling out from extreme stress...I was only told 3 months before my 16th birthday, and my parents only found out because I told them what the school told me.

Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2014, 8:32 am

Being misunderstood/not being able to understand others, probably.

russiank12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2014, 3:54 pm

The sensory stuff. I'm perfectly content with having no friends and being isolated, but that stupid garbage truck is just driving me insane! Also eye contact

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

I don't hate Asperger's but it does get a bit annoying when my family members take the piss out of my odd behaviour and quirks from time to time. :P

loilkas
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jul 2014, 4:05 pm

permian wrote:
I hate the dietary problems most

Oh heck yes I agree with you alot!

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2014, 1:51 pm

MusicalWonders wrote:
Mostly all the self-hatred that comes with it.

i agree, that and the stigma.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm

self hatred, the way i look awkward and weird in most pictures taken of me, what is said when people who are ignorant about ADS try to talk to me about it, and how it impairs your ability to form connections...leaving some lonely, unsuccessful...
and the little obsessions.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

WellThatsDantastic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2014, 7:47 pm

I don't really mind having Asperger's syndrome itself, but it's the other people who have it and NTs that have little or false knowledge of it that big me.

I find a good few Aspies who use Aspergers as an excuse for everything, and make a bad name for us. And then there's people who call us ret*ds. They're the worst...

With the actual disorder, the trait I dislike most would probably be the social anxiety.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:47 pm

WellThatsDantastic wrote:
I don't really mind having Asperger's syndrome itself, but it's the other people who have it and NTs that have little or false knowledge of it that big me.

I find a good few Aspies who use Aspergers as an excuse for everything, and make a bad name for us. And then there's people who call us ret*ds. They're the worst...

yes! this! i hate even telling someone i have aspergers. but it gets out anyway.

i also hate not knowing anyone else off the web with ASD.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Purplepolkadots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2014, 5:10 pm

The fact that I don't understand saracasm, my emotional immaturity, spd, suicidal thoughts, or that I sometimes appear emotionless. :