Can you be Aspie and affectionate?

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

I can relate, the OP described it so well, pull away until the intention is understood and welcomed. I was a hug monster in my 20s. I went on this holiday camping trip with my friends from Tech. I asked every girl that walked past our cottage if she wanted a free hug. Nope that did not work at all. I guess my motive was wrong :D

Last edited by Stalk on 30 Aug 2012, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2012, 8:14 pm

Of course. My boyfriend can be very sweet, gentle, romantic and affectionate. I absolutely love it when he moves in to kiss me without warning, or reaches out for my hand while we're taking a walk, or pulls me close to him while we're watching a movie.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 9:10 pm

Sarthos wrote:
I'm joking about pretending not to hug him cause he's a guy :p

Fine, I'll pretend to hug him *hugs* happy? :p

No problem - it can be the awkward A-frame or side-by-side male hug... just so long as you stop giving me the evil glare... ;)

Sarthos
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Aug 2012, 12:37 am

lol, what evil glare? :shrug:

Anyway, one thing I kinda feel guilty about: Do any other guys sometimes think of girls more as objects like teddy bears you wanna hug and cuddle than like people with feelings and thoughts?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Aug 2012, 1:08 am

I guess it's possible, but I've never had a gal to be around with.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 2:29 am

i'm affectionate, but people don't seem to like that from me. :hmph:

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 2:32 am

Sarthos wrote:
lol, what evil glare? :shrug:

Anyway, one thing I kinda feel guilty about: Do any other guys sometimes think of girls more as objects like teddy bears you wanna hug and cuddle than like people with feelings and thoughts?

I have had plenty of guys do that to me - it's really not cool.
It's a great way to ensure that the girl never wants to see you again -by forgeting she is a person with thoughts and feelings, and instead treating her like an object.
Don't do it.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 2:51 am

I sometimes get overly affectionate due to my growing attachment and gaining trust however it tends to annoy alot of them and cant stand being cuddled so much. Sometimes I wish I was cold and indifferent but I cant help it at times I just want to show the lady how much I love her and like to give lots of affection.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2012, 4:09 am

Some Aspies can be affectionate but overly affectionate and to friendly and clingy which may upset the person they are affectionate too whether its NT or AS. I have a AS friend who is so clingy and over friendly to everyone even people she has just met and strangers, she tends to want to lean on, sit on, put her head right next to your head like she is about to kiss you, lay her head on their lap, put her hand on their leg, hug you and hold your hand she tends to invade peoples personal space. I am not really an affectionate person. I am affectionate only once in a blue moon only when my Mum, Dad and my sister want a hug I tolerate it buts thats the only people that I do hug or show affection too noone else. Im likely to hit someone or yell at them if anyone touches me I don't mean too I just don't like being touched.

Sarthos
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Aug 2012, 10:10 am

Jediyoda phrased it better. Although there are some people I've known with such horrible personalities that I believe they would indeed contribute more to the world if they were objects than they ever possibly could as people, that's not the normal case. More like when I almost had a girlfriend (I was living with her, yet she wasn't my girlfriend, weird ain't it?) I always asked for hugs or whatever, and would sometimes get real upset and annoyed when she would say no. I didn't do stuff like grab her and try to hug her without asking or anything like that.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 4:37 am

Jediyoda wrote:
Some Aspies can be affectionate but overly affectionate and to friendly and clingy which may upset the person they are affectionate too whether its NT or AS. I have a AS friend who is so clingy and over friendly to everyone even people she has just met and strangers, she tends to want to lean on, sit on, put her head right next to your head like she is about to kiss you, lay her head on their lap, put her hand on their leg, hug you and hold your hand she tends to invade peoples personal space. I am not really an affectionate person. I am affectionate only once in a blue moon only when my Mum, Dad and my sister want a hug I tolerate it buts thats the only people that I do hug or show affection too noone else. Im likely to hit someone or yell at them if anyone touches me I don't mean too I just don't like being touched.
I tend to get like this with women and Im a guy. :oops: :oops: :oops:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 4:53 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Jediyoda wrote:
I tend to get like this with women and Im a guy. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Same here, I also have a problem knowing when I'm hurting the person I'm holding, my grip seems to be much and leaves them with a blue mark :( I'm showing affection, when I'm hurting them.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 5:34 am

I love hugs. The key thing for me with physical contact is that I don't like to be touched unexpectedly. I'm likely to jump even if my partner touches me when I'm not expecting it.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

I wish I could find a female who is overly affectionate so that we both can snuggle and cling together without annoying each other and huggle and snuggle some more!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sarthos
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Sep 2012, 10:04 pm

If you found one I'd give you 500 bucks to send her my way!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

Sarthos wrote:
If you found one I'd give you 500 bucks to send her my way!
It would be difficult to do because me and her would be too attached and clingy to eachother.