Weight lifting and diet, possible disordered eating.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

TM wrote:
You should read the book about carb backloading by Kiefer. "Clean eating" is just not as conducive to gaining lean mass as dirty bulking. Once you get to a certain level, clean bulking makes sense if you want to just add muscle at a slower pace while keeping your beach body. However, for maximum effect, just eat whatever you can find regardless of its contents so long as you get enough protein.

Actually, at a dirty bulk, you might end up gaining much more fat than you want to and in the requires cutting-process lose a lot of lean mass. Many impressive physiques have been built on a clean bulk in a reasonable amount of time.

Unless you have a very fast metabolism, you shouldn't consider going on a dirty bulk.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 2:44 pm

Kurgan wrote:
TM wrote:
You should read the book about carb backloading by Kiefer. "Clean eating" is just not as conducive to gaining lean mass as dirty bulking. Once you get to a certain level, clean bulking makes sense if you want to just add muscle at a slower pace while keeping your beach body. However, for maximum effect, just eat whatever you can find regardless of its contents so long as you get enough protein.

Actually, at a dirty bulk, you might end up gaining much more fat than you want to and in the requires cutting-process lose a lot of lean mass. Many impressive physiques have been built on a clean bulk in a reasonable amount of time.

Unless you have a very fast metabolism, you shouldn't consider going on a dirty bulk.

With backloading or CNS you end up keeping a lot more lean mass than with traditional cuts, hence why I'd recommend going dirty. From what I remember 1000 Knives mentioned having a high metabolism in a different post.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

Well I still have bodyfat, but my metabolism certainly isn't slow. Like not doing much physical activity, I can eat 3000 calories a day without gaining weight. My mom also says I pace a lot, so that might explain things. But now with the ginseng I might be able to cut down easier, and get myself to a low bodyfat.