Weight lifting and diet, possible disordered eating.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 7:18 am

You should read the book about carb backloading by Kiefer. "Clean eating" is just not as conducive to gaining lean mass as dirty bulking. Once you get to a certain level, clean bulking makes sense if you want to just add muscle at a slower pace while keeping your beach body. However, for maximum effect, just eat whatever you can find regardless of its contents so long as you get enough protein.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

TM wrote:
You should read the book about carb backloading by Kiefer. "Clean eating" is just not as conducive to gaining lean mass as dirty bulking. Once you get to a certain level, clean bulking makes sense if you want to just add muscle at a slower pace while keeping your beach body. However, for maximum effect, just eat whatever you can find regardless of its contents so long as you get enough protein.

Actually, at a dirty bulk, you might end up gaining much more fat than you want to and in the requires cutting-process lose a lot of lean mass. Many impressive physiques have been built on a clean bulk in a reasonable amount of time.

Unless you have a very fast metabolism, you shouldn't consider going on a dirty bulk.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 2:44 pm

Kurgan wrote:
TM wrote:

Actually, at a dirty bulk, you might end up gaining much more fat than you want to and in the requires cutting-process lose a lot of lean mass. Many impressive physiques have been built on a clean bulk in a reasonable amount of time.

Unless you have a very fast metabolism, you shouldn't consider going on a dirty bulk.

With backloading or CNS you end up keeping a lot more lean mass than with traditional cuts, hence why I'd recommend going dirty. From what I remember 1000 Knives mentioned having a high metabolism in a different post.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

Well I still have bodyfat, but my metabolism certainly isn't slow. Like not doing much physical activity, I can eat 3000 calories a day without gaining weight. My mom also says I pace a lot, so that might explain things. But now with the ginseng I might be able to cut down easier, and get myself to a low bodyfat.