Nausea, gagging, coughing during meltdowns

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 11:57 pm

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I walked out the front door. On the way to the shop where I've been consulting I ran myself out of fuel. The gas station had slow people in front of me buying lottery tickets. I go to put gas in the little temporary tank and the hose comes off and spills gas, then some j@ck@ss in a SUV is acting like my pump is the only available one in existence. So I get nervous having an audience, and while reattaching the fuel line the bungee comes off and the plastic tank tips on its side, spilling more fuel. Between being late to my appointment and being rushed by Land Crusher I had to leave a huge puddle of slippery gas/oil premix on the ground

I get to the shop and it's anarchy. It's an hour before noon and people are standing around drinking beer and every so often revving up a chainsaw for 10 minute stretches. There is some new guy there who looks and talks like the sort of sports fan that give TBIs to anyone not wearing 'their' team jersey. He never shuts up, keeps asking me what's wrong with the scooter I'm Dx'ing. Needless to say I'm having trouble even tightening a bolt with people yakking about other people they used to know. To top it off, I hadn't eaten anything, I'm hot and sweaty from keeping outside to minimize sensory hell, and I've run out of Diet Coke.

I decide to go to the 7-11. My bike now has a flat. My only option is a customer bike with out of date registration. I had just endured another curious policeman the day before and he admonished me about registration. I go to the nearest 7-11, the soda machine is out. I find another one a few blocks away after running a traffic gauntlet. I end up having to leave $3! worth of merchandise on the counter.

I go back to the shop, throw my carry bag, pace in the alley and start verbal streaming, The whole day I hadn't had intense hunger pangs, it was more like 'it would be nice to eat right now but...'

Then what little appetite I had went 180, only nothing would come out. Emotionally I've just felt numb, like someone could tell me my grandma just died and, blah. Although all this was going on the partying bystanders seemed not to notice much, that I must have appeared completely normal to them.

This wasn't the first time I've had that needing-to-vomit feeling but those are usually from anxiety. So this is mostly vent but also to see if I'm alone on this one

SilverDragonfly
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2012, 9:57 am

You are not alone. I have had that happen to me numerous times during meltdowns. I have also had my forearms and hands get all tingly like they were losing circulation. It's very odd.