Does £5 with Vodafone last exactly one phone call?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 6:54 am

I feel like I'm being f****d anally, orally and sideways with phone companies these days... either there was a technical error or they're indeed the epitome of capitalism in their exploitation.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 7:23 am

It likely depends on how long the call was and if it was to a number abroad or premium rate number.

Personally I pay around £20 and it lasts around a year! But I don't make many calls. I'm not with Vodafone either.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 10:08 am

Would I be right in saying you are still on pay as you go? If you use the phone quite a bit, you would probably be better off getting monthly sim deal, you get more for your money with those. If your phone is unlocked I would recommend giffgaff. It runs on the o2 service which has a pretty good signal for my area. You Just top up as you normally would and you get the plan for a month. Check it out: Giffgaff

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 5:35 pm

I am on PAYG, but actually don't use it often at all - this was a call that didn't even go through, only answering machine and I hung up immediately.

What's frustrating is that there's always some clause usually hidden deep within a contract that just enables them to efficiently rob you of all credit.

Oh, and this company at least seems to have time limits to their 'deals', usually of a month, if I don't use it within that time...

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

Ah I see, I rarely use my phone either. I just top it up when I think I will have to use it more than usual during that month and yes, those plans do run out after a month. You can just top up to get "credit" that you can use at anytime, but naturally it would work out less for your money as with any network.