Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 6:34 pm

I always see this ad here on WP and this girl is totally hot except for the fact that she is almost skin and bones. It's kind of disturbing to look at:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 6:39 pm

That might not be considered anorexic. For a woman (or man--yes, it can happen to us, too) to be anorexic, she would have to look totally unhealthy. I saw an episode of Dr. Phil of a woman who was severely anorexic--I was sick to my stomach after seeing that.

She appears to have very toned abs--so I would guess she probably does tons of sit-ups, rather than starving herself.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 7:11 pm

Er, am I missing something here? I don't see any picture.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 7:26 pm

Quote:
For a woman (or man--yes, it can happen to us, too) to be anorexic, she would have to look totally unhealthy

Bull.sh*t. That is COMPLETLEY wrong. You should learn a bit more about anorexia before saying things like that.

Quote:
She appears to have very toned abs--so I would guess she probably does tons of sit-ups, rather than starving herself.

I can't see any abs. All I see is a jutting rib cage.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 7:34 pm

My computer blocks all the ads so I don't see anything. But just because someone's thin does NOT mean they're anorexic. I've been accused of this many times but I'm perfectly healthy. In fact, I'm eating a box of Christmas Tree Cakes right now! Sorry, but I just hate it when people accuse others of being anorexic.

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2006, 8:03 pm

You can be thin without being anorexic; you can also be anorexic without being thin.

Personally, I think the woman in the picture could stand to gain a few pounds, whether she's anorexic or not.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 8:03 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
My computer blocks all the ads so I don't see anything. But just because someone's thin does NOT mean they're anorexic. I've been accused of this many times but I'm perfectly healthy. In fact, I'm eating a box of Christmas Tree Cakes right now! Sorry, but I just hate it when people accuse others of being anorexic.

Agreed.

Some people are naturally thin. I don't agree with labelling people anyway.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 9:45 pm

I think the more "unhealthy" aspect of this photo is the probable breast implants.Our culture not only expects women to have low body fat but also large breasts.....breasts are body fat!!!There are a few women who are thin and have naturally large breasts but this is rare....which in part,is why it is "valuable trait".The problem is when women dont have that genetic inclination>most women can be thin,though more difficult for some genetically.However,to compete with the breast size they will expose themselves to health risks through surgery.I consider this similar to the "doping scandal" in sports.If the people you are competing against are doing it then you are pushed into doing it..and that is sad.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 10:51 pm

in general its because men want women to be thin and look good.

that shouldn't be the case.

I know several women out there who are slightly chunky and have good looking bodies.

would I date this chick that was shown?

have her look a bit more normal, down to earth..then yes.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

06 Dec 2006, 12:51 am

Yeah she is skin, bones and silicone bags of saline. If she did not have those implants
she would be super hot.

I've been my same height 5'9" and 118 and 180. So I have been extremely thin and
abit over weight (I'm maybe 150 now). I tend to worry about weight now alot since its
a major risk factor in high blood pressure.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 11:45 am

I've always hated that ad. She looks like she's holding her breath, and sucking in her stomach as far as she can. Female models have gotten so skinny, it's repulsive.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 1:52 pm

I'm 5'6/5'7. I weigh 165ish. of course most of that is a bit of a bulge in my stomach. I work out daily to try and get rid of it, mostly muscle routine stuff.

But yeah. female models are too thin these days. Give me Marilyn Monroe anyday.

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 2:01 pm

I have always wondered why breast implants are so popular among women. I guess women don't get them for the approval of men, because most of the guys I know don't really like them, including myself. The most common complaint, and the one that I agree with is that breast implants look obviously unnatural. Instead of breasts having a natural shape, which is a little bit pointy, they instead look like inflated ballons...too round and tight. They also don't feel particularly good either!

Remember too, that most advertisment pictures also go through a LOT of photoshopping before they are published!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 2:03 pm

AV-geek wrote:
I have always wondered why breast implants are so popular among women.

Remember too, that most advertisment pictures also go through a LOT of photoshopping before they are published!

They get them so that NT guys will drool over them.

I don't think her ribs were Photoshopped, do you??

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:02 pm

I lived with someone who had anorexia, and she had to give up my room for me, and she didn't seem to mind.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 4:00 pm

ah.

huh?