Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2012, 6:32 am

I'm a complete loner, have no friends in real life. I created FB profile few months ago and got a friend invites, I never invited anybody, also they all know me. Is my situation ain't that bad? Do I have a chance to quit being a loner, seeing that 30 people consider me as a friend.

TonyHoyle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 6:36 am

Facebook randomly suggests people to be friends based on other friends. Check that you do actually know all these people - it does get it pretty badly wrong at times.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:38 am

I have 32 people on my Facebook, most are my family, the rest are other people I know. But I don't talk to half of them. It's not that much of a big deal, I know an Autistic who has, like, 300 friends on Facebook, and an NT who only has about 10. Doesn't mean you're a loner.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:38 am

baby steps.....i have a friend that will tell me she has no friends(like we didn't conceder each other friends!) and everytime we go out she talks to tons of people and they all say they miss her.
so carefull what you think, it's prob. keeping you from people that think differantly?

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2012, 6:50 am

TonyHoyle wrote:
Facebook randomly suggests people to be friends based on other friends. Check that you do actually know all these people - it does get it pretty badly wrong at times.

Yes I know them and they know me

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:56 am

Dont feel bad. I had 21, most of them old coworkers, my father, my sister, my pastor and his family, and my ex GF.

I ended up cancelling my FB last month when everyone including my father and sister (long distance) started ignoring me.

Alvin31
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Sep 2012, 12:51 pm

Well your condition is similar to me.i don't have facebook because i only have 1 friend and other friends are just a BS who treat me like an idiotic alien

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 12:52 pm

I find facebook friends meaningless. I have 1,200 friends on facebook because I got bored one night and just kept adding people from the suggestions

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 1:00 pm

The whole idea of face book is really strange. Some employers check FB as part of their hiring criteria others won't hire people who don't have a FB account. Wonder how long it will be before the gov't has to step in to end FB discrimination. f**k FB, I'll never sign up for it. Who needs 2000 'friends' they'll never talk to or even think about.

Crankbadger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

I never setup a facebook account. When someone does a background check on you, the first thing they'll look for is your facebook account. Social networking sites are likely among the CIA and other intelligence agencies most valued assets.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 1:29 pm

I have a Facebook account. I keep all the settings as private as possible and don't use my real name on it. I have 5 friends on it and don't even talk to all of those. I'd delete a couple of them but then they might be mad that I defriended then even though we haven't communicated over Facebook in ages.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 1:45 pm

Crankbadger wrote:
I never setup a facebook account. When someone does a background check on you, the first thing they'll look for is your facebook account. Social networking sites are likely among the CIA and other intelligence agencies most valued assets.

LOL so true! I laugh that many people who are concerned about government invasions of privacy, spying, etc have a full facebook account and tell all. Aren't we supposed to be the naive ones? :lol: I don't know why I'm bothering my facebook as it's so ridiculous with all the phony friends and BS junior high popularity contests. Besides, I never check the thing anyway. On the plus side, the two women I'm currently interested in both are not on facebook whatsoever. Thank goodness!

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

It's better to be on it than not, imo. I feel really weird about it, but at least I'm somehow not being a complete weirdo and not showing myself.

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

To tell the truth I created a profile to spy on my crush, you have to be her friends friend to view her profile. God I'm so pathetic.

SavageMessiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

Fellow 30-friender here! The original purpose of FB is self-contrading.

Since they only promote corresponding with people you already know, what's the point of it being there at all? So if you don't know anyone to begin with, what's the point of trying to meet people if there is no way to see private profiles and no mutual friends to meet??

All it ever looked like to me is a popularity contest and a bunch of people blowing hot air all day long.

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

I have 392 friends on FB. But 99% are Game friends.