Congress Declares War On Autism ! !!

Page 1 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 2:53 pm

Yes, this just in, Congress has granted a billion dollars towards research to end Autism. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the NT's at Autism Speaks, a billion of your hard earned tax dollars will go down a bottomless rat hole of useless research.

SO: do you feel better yet?

DerekD_Goldfish
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2006, 2:56 pm

hey at least they arent spending it kiling arabs for once

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

06 Dec 2006, 2:56 pm

No, of course I don't feel better! Not in any way! This is getting stupid, I'm almost getting afraid of these guys for the curbie view they have! I'm low on the Spectrum, but I still count, don't I!? I seriously hope this doesn't get to KKK proportions, that would be horrific.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:03 pm

*sigh* yet another NT stunt. Will it never end?
I can believe the want to cure classic autism, concerning how much stronger it is than Asperger.
But how can they fail to see that the most innovate persons of all time(Einstein being the superior) had AS?
Narrow-minded people fail to see the nuances, and NT's only see the bad sides of every situation, including AS. I can envision they coming up with a "cure" which they will forcefully inject into me so that I will be as dumb and talentless as all the other NTs.

Long live neurodiversity!

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Dec 2006, 3:17 pm

do you have any links to sources to supports your claims?

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:20 pm

Why worry? Everything they've declared "war" on is still alive and kicking... War on Drugs, War on Terrorism, War on Poverty, you name it.

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2006, 3:22 pm

I'mma declare war on NTs by injecting them with my manjuice. 8)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:23 pm

How about this?

Quote:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061206/nyw095.html?.v=80

Cure Autism Now and Autism Speaks Applaud Approval of the Combating Autism Act by United States House of Representatives

- Landmark Legislation Authorizing Nearly $1 Billion in Autism Funding Now Moves Back to the Senate for Prompt Action -

NEW YORK, Dec. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Leadership of Autism Speaks and Cure Autism Now, nonprofit organizations dedicated to increasing awareness of autism and raising money to fund autism research, today applauded the passage in the United States House of Representatives of the Combating Autism Act (S. 843). The bill authorizes nearly 1 billion dollars over the next five years to combat autism through research, screening, early detection and early intervention. The new legislation will increase federal spending on autism by at least 50 percent. It includes provisions relating to the diagnosis and treatment of persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and expands and intensifies biomedical research on autism, including an essential focus on possible environmental causes. Autism is now diagnosed in 1 in 166 children according to the Centers for Disease Control.

How might I put this? Er... no surrender to curebieism!

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:29 pm

Are you sure they didn't declare war on people with autism? To declare war on something makes the 'something' the enemy. Like they think that people on the spectrum have some horrible disease. It worries me to be honest.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:33 pm

I think we've come to learn by now that CAN and Autism Speaks mean what they say. These are some corrupt people here.

Quote:
The bill authorizes nearly 1 billion dollars over the next five years to combat autism through research, screening, early detection and early intervention.

Crap, the intervention part doesn't sound too good.

Quote:
Autism is now diagnosed in 1 in 166 children according to the Centers for Disease Control.

DISEASE!! !?! !?!?! ! CONTROL!! !???! !! !?! ! I'm shocked, really.

Flitch, I honestly feel like swearing, half in disgust, half in fear. This is starting to get serious.

In a way
We all go there

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:48 pm

This is just plain rediculous. The best cure is acceptance, yet NTs aren't willing to accept anybody who has any form of Autism. It seems as though there's going to be a getting rid of people who are on the Spectrum. It's 2006, not 1936! I really wish that those curbies would wake up. We are not diseased, I wouldn't even consider us to be handicapped, we are disordered. What we have is Asperger's Syndrome, or Asperger's Disorder. Not Asperger's Disease, or Asperger's Handicap. It's sad to see that this is going on, in 2006.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 06 Dec 2006, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:55 pm

ahahahahahaha.

this is so funny.

now it is time for me to laugh as the government makes themselves fools.

I can see it now.

"From the government that brought you Clinton Sex Scandal, 9/11, war over oil in Iraq, and lots of useless dead people, comes from the shady halls of congress..................................cure for those evil peoples with Asperger's Syndrome, lets all give a hand to the governemtn that couldn't people."

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:56 pm

I'd have to agree with you there. Ironically, in typical Aspie fashion, I feel like throwing something at these people (such as my wooden sword), swearing my lungs out in disgust, and then walking off to cool down for about half an hour.

In a way
We all go there

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 3:57 pm

well, too bad that we can't just storm the White House, and take the pres hostage......oh wait....he is....to foreign interests.

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Dec 2006, 4:03 pm

interesting that the article you had was just a press release. i'm surprised i hadn't heard about that. also, isn't CAN defunct?

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 4:05 pm

whats CAN stand for?

and give me a while and I can check.