Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ally80
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2012, 5:19 pm

He sometimes appears aloof
Small talk doesnt seem to come naturally to him..
He doesnt call me, and texts only every few days..not that I mind but just something I have noticed..

Any advice appreciated (if this information is enough..)

Last edited by ally80 on 14 Sep 2012, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

rabidrabbit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2012, 7:12 pm

You said things were making you question if he was ASD but you only supplied information which you believe supports the fact that he is indeed on the spectrum. What advice do you want particularly... If you like him, then stay with him, if you don't then don't? Whether he is autistic or not has no effect on your own emotions regarding him unless you're looking to pity him or justify putting up with something you dislike...

AtticusKane
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2012, 7:31 pm

Yea, that sounds a lot like you might be describing me, haha. I'm not officially diagnosed, but almost all of those things contributed to my self-diagnosis of Aspergers. Really, don't take the aloofness or whatever else make you feel like he's disconnected from you. It's just a different way of processing information.

ally80
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2012, 1:13 am

Appreciate the input everyone.

to rabidrabbit: What other information do you believe I should provide? NT traits?
Also Im not questioning if I should stay with him...Some people actually want to try and understand their partners. I would be flattered if my partner tried understanding me.

AtticusKane: Thanks, I'll ignore the aloofness then and will try to not take it so personally :lol: