Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:51 am

I've been watching some shows about animal hoarders. One lady had 108 cats and couldn't understand why her daughter was upset with her. Another guy had 3 huge killer snakes along with his 6 year old son and couldn't understand why people wanted him to get rid of the snakes.

I thought I had it bad with 2 big dogs, a giant bunny, a python, an outside cat and another outside cat that comes to visit once in a while.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:58 am

I think it is inhumane to the animals to have so many of them in cramped quarters. No only do they have insufficient space to freely roam, they are more likely to contract and spread disease and there is no possible way to ensure all of them are receiving adequate attention from the human caretaker. I have over 14 cats (currently, I have one residing indoors), which came to my residence (I didn't actively search for them to keep pent up in the house, they come on their own volition, eat the field mice, chipmunks and other rodents and receive fresh water and cat food as well).

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 11:01 am

The smell from 3 cats' kitty litter is so bad I can't imagine cleaning up after 108!! ! But once the boy came along the cats moved outside (it was their idea, we didn't kick 'em out).

Our next-door-neighbor has 3 dogs, 3 cats, and various reptiles, including a snake.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 1:28 pm

I think animal hoarding is cruel. The animals live in very poor conditions. They have little room, and are sometimes even ill.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain