Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

EveryPersonEver
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2012, 6:46 am

They say Kurt Cobain was autistic, but I say his personality and mental instabilites coupled with drug abuse led him to suicide.

Opinons?

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:41 am

I don't believe he was autistic, just "different."

Kait
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Sep 2012, 9:16 am

This sounds weird, but I would almost like to think he is, considering how much I love Nirvana and yes, Kurt, himself. It would be great knowing a musician so close to my heart went through the same things I did. Even if he is now dead (RIP), I would like having someone I could connect to in that way.

If I'm going to be honest, however, I do not think he was autistic. I do think he was a little strange and might have had some aspie-like traits, but he seemed less...socially awkward. He seemed like someone who could be and actually was (still is, in a way) very popular but just didn't want to be. I do know he struggled with bipolar disorder though, and more obviously, drug addiction. A mix of those two things, as well as the pressure of fame and some other things in his life, are probably what lead him to suicide.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:25 am

Kait wrote:
This sounds weird, but I would almost like to think he is, considering how much I love Nirvana and yes, Kurt, himself. It would be great knowing a musician so close to my heart went through the same things I did. Even if he is now dead (RIP), I would like having someone I could connect to in that way.

If I'm going to be honest, however, I do not think he was autistic. I do think he was a little strange and might have had some aspie-like traits, but he seemed less...socially awkward. He seemed like someone who could be and actually was (still is, in a way) very popular but just didn't want to be. I do know he struggled with bipolar disorder though, and more obviously, drug addiction. A mix of those two things, as well as the pressure of fame and some other things in his life, are probably what lead him to suicide.

He was also diagnosed with ADHD as a child.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

AliceInAspieland
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Sep 2012, 6:46 am

I adore Kurt Cobain. I don't think he had Apsergers though. Perhaps he had Aspie traits. I honestly think it was the combination of mental illness (Bipolar), drugs, fame and no mental health treatment that led to his suicide. I also think that he wanted to die while in the peak of his career and not as an old forgotten musician who only talked about the good times.

I was only young when he died. It was only then I that I connected that man with the song I liked to sing when it came on the radio or TV (Smells Like Teen Spirit). I remember being sad and not understanding what happened. But then what 8 year old can understand death, let alone why someone would kill themselves.