Jewish reaction to thousands of anti-Jewish Arab cartoons...

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 8:09 am

Nothing.

See more here.

Thousands of sick anti-Semitic (not anti-Zionist) cartoons, documentaries, propaganda films, glorification and promotion of terrorism and much much more saturates the Arab world. The sheer viciousness of the propaganda, written in completely mainstream newspapers in all Arab countries, easily rivals the hate the Nazis used to demonise Jews. Almost all of the Jew-hating canards are there - blood libel, Israelis as Nazis, evil Jews drinking blood, Zionist/Jewish conspiracy to run the world, Israel controls the U.S., Holocaust denial (and even sometimes hopes for a new Holocaust of the Jews - in Israel), the stereotype of the big-nosed, evil religious Jew conspiring against the Arabs, and so on and so forth. It's endless.

And, yet, this essential part of the Arab attitude to Israel goes almost completely unremarked in the Western press.

There's a selection of them on that page, but that's just a tiny example. Do go read.

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2012, 9:46 am

I think they're past the point of being afraid of cartoons.

As for the Arab attitude towards Israel, I'm pretty sure the press does not need to keep updating us on everyone on the middle east still hating each other. They hated each other yesterday, and the day before that, etc.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

Evinceo wrote:
I think they're past the point of being afraid of cartoons.

Precisely. They have bigger things to worry about.

But faced with this overwhelming demonisation of Israel and Jews from the other Arab countries, they stay silent and non-violent.

But Muslims? Just draw a few cartoons of our best medieval savage friend, Muhammad, or speak out against the rampant bigotry of its followers and you see scores, if not hundreds, of completely innocent people being murdered. All in the name of religion.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:40 am

Tequila wrote:
Nothing.

See more here.

Thousands of sick anti-Semitic (not anti-Zionist) cartoons, documentaries, propaganda films, glorification and promotion of terrorism and much much more saturates the Arab world. The sheer viciousness of the propaganda, written in completely mainstream newspapers in all Arab countries, easily rivals the hate the Nazis used to demonise Jews. Almost all of the Jew-hating canards are there - blood libel, Israelis as Nazis, evil Jews drinking blood, Zionist/Jewish conspiracy to run the world, Israel controls the U.S., Holocaust denial (and even sometimes hopes for a new Holocaust of the Jews - in Israel), the stereotype of the big-nosed, evil religious Jew conspiring against the Arabs, and so on and so forth. It's endless.

And, yet, this essential part of the Arab attitude to Israel goes almost completely unremarked in the Western press.

There's a selection of them on that page, but that's just a tiny example. Do go read.

Don't really see what point you're making. Islamophobia in the popular media is a comparitively new phenomenon. That is part of the reason why you are getting kneejerk reactions from hot headed clerics.

There would be nothing to gain from Jews getting pissy about anti semetic cartoons from anywhere else. They've become conditioned to it, not only from nazi era Germany but throughout the centuries within host countries they've settled.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

...i looked at these cartoons you linked.

Its difficult to understand the full context without being able to read arabic but i'd say these most of these cartoons are intended to be Anti-Israeli rather than anti-semetic. This isn't one and the same.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:57 am

The cartoons are virtually identical to the ones published by Julius Streicher in _Der Stormer_ a Nazi anti-semite rag.

ruveyn

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:59 am

thomas81 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Nothing.

See more here.

Don't really see what point you're making. Islamophobia in the popular media is a comparitively new phenomenon. That is part of the reason why you are getting kneejerk reactions from hot headed clerics.

There would be nothing to gain from Jews getting pissy about anti semetic cartoons from anywhere else. They've become conditioned to it, not only from nazi era Germany but throughout the centuries within host countries they've settled.

The point is that the same people who demand tolerance are not very tolerant themselves.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Its difficult to understand the full context without being able to read arabic but i'd say these most of these cartoons are intended to be Anti-Israeli rather than anti-semetic. This isn't one and the same.

Which ones are Anti-Israeli. The ones I saw are blaming the Jews for that "Innocence of Muslims" trailer on Youtube. I can show some older ones I saw that mocked the holocaust, how is that not anti-semitic?

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:04 pm

thomas81 wrote:

While I agree with you to the extent that I do think these cartoons are mainly geared towards Israel, they do make use of anti-semitic cliché to perpetuate the message. I doubt that if I were to draw a Mohammed-cartoon with the intent to voice criticism against, say, Iran, the reactions would be the same, because the act of depicting the prophet is considered an offense. Now, you could say that this is due to the fact that Jews do not have messiah or "main"-prophet, but this cannot be a point in favor of biggoted muslims. If it wasn't the prophet, it was something else.
It is, like I said, for huge parts a cultural problem. There is just too many people out there in the islamic world that are, more or less, still in the middle-ages, where punishment for crime is still draconic and beyond any relation to the offense.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:16 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The cartoons are virtually identical to the ones published by Julius Streicher in _Der Stormer_ a Nazi anti-semite rag.

ruveyn

Slightly wrong spelling - it's Der Stürmer, but yes, you're spot on. Having looked at some of the cartoons from that propaganda pamphlet, it's almost impossible to tell them apart from some of the extreme hatred in the Middle East.

thomas81 is denying blatant, Nazi-style Jew-demonsation and hatred here. His views are identical to that of neo-Nazis on Jews, who often deny that anti-Semitism exists. There's nothing anti-Zionist about these cartoons. It's Jew-hatred, pure and simple - of all Jews, not Israel or even Jews living in Israel.

The Hamas Charter specifically uses the very same hateful bile that was instrumental of the persecution and genocide of European Jews in Nazi Germany.

Quote from the introduction:

Quote:
Our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious. It needs all sincere efforts. It is a step that inevitably should be followed by other steps. The Movement is but one squadron that should be supported by more and more squadrons from this vast Arab and Islamic world, until the enemy is vanquished and Allah's victory is realised.

From Article 7:

Quote:
Moreover, if the links have been distant from each other and if obstacles, placed by those who are the lackeys of Zionism in the way of the fighters obstructed the continuation of the struggle, the Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realisation of Allah's promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem).

Article 22:

Quote:
For a long time, the enemies have been planning, skillfully and with precision, for the achievement of what they have attained. They took into consideration the causes affecting the current of events. They strived to amass great and substantive material wealth which they devoted to the realisation of their dream. With their money, they took control of the world media, news agencies, the press, publishing houses, broadcasting stations, and others. With their money they stirred revolutions in various parts of the world with the purpose of achieving their interests and reaping the fruit therein. They were behind the French Revolution, the Communist revolution and most of the revolutions we heard and hear about, here and there. With their money they formed secret societies, such as Freemasons, Rotary Clubs, the Lions and others in different parts of the world for the purpose of sabotaging societies and achieving Zionist interests. With their money they were able to control imperialistic countries and instigate them to colonize many countries in order to enable them to exploit their resources and spread corruption there.

You may speak as much as you want about regional and world wars. They were behind World War I, when they were able to destroy the Islamic Caliphate, making financial gains and controlling resources. They obtained the Balfour Declaration, formed the League of Nations through which they could rule the world. They were behind World War II, through which they made huge financial gains by trading in armaments, and paved the way for the establishment of their state. It was they who instigated the replacement of the League of Nations with the United Nations and the Security Council to enable them to rule the world through them. There is no war going on anywhere, without having their finger in it.

"So often as they shall kindle a fire for war, Allah shall extinguish it; and they shall set their minds to act corruptly in the earth, but Allah loveth not the corrupt doers." (The Table - verse 64).
The imperialistic forces in the Capitalist West and Communist East, support the enemy with all their might, in money and in men. These forces take turns in doing that. The day Islam appears, the forces of infidelity would unite to challenge it, for the infidels are of one nation.

"O true believers, contract not an intimate friendship with any besides yourselves: they will not fail to corrupt you. They wish for that which may cause you to perish: their hatred hath already appeared from out of their mouths; but what their breasts conceal is yet more inveterate. We have already shown you signs of their ill will towards you, if ye understand." (The Family of Imran - verse 118).
It is not in vain that the verse is ended with Allah's words "if ye understand."

Article 28:

Quote:
We should not forget to remind every Moslem that when the Jews conquered the Holy City in 1967, they stood on the threshold of the Aqsa Mosque and proclaimed that "Mohammed is dead, and his descendants are all women."

Israel, Judaism and Jews challenge Islam and the Moslem people.
"May the cowards never sleep."

Article 32:

Quote:
World Zionism, together with imperialistic powers, try through a studied plan and an intelligent strategy to remove one Arab state after another from the circle of struggle against Zionism, in order to have it finally face the Palestinian people only. Egypt was, to a great extent, removed from the circle of the struggle, through the treacherous Camp David Agreement. They are trying to draw other Arab countries into similar agreements and to bring them outside the circle of struggle.

Hamas indiscriminately uses hospitals and uses innocent civilians as human shield in its terrorist campaign against innocent Israeli civilians.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:18 pm

Jono wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Which ones are Anti-Israeli. The ones I saw are blaming the Jews for that "Innocence of Muslims" trailer on Youtube. I can show some older ones I saw that mocked the holocaust, how is that not anti-semitic?

I never claimed that, I am just saying not every political cartoon that comes out of the arab world is intended to be apologetic for the the third reich or the holocaust just because it features a star of david.

The problem here is, we are getting along the slippery road of the anti semitism card being played every time someone dare lampoon or criticise Israel.

This is a common tactic of lying right wing Zionists and their friends in the Western conservative right trying to cover up the dirty deeds of the last 60 years.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm

Tequila wrote:

thomas81 is denying blatant, Nazi-style Jew-demonsation and hatred here. His views are identical to that of neo-Nazis on Jews, who often deny that anti-Semitism exists. .

Outrageous lies.

Neo Nazi style anti semitism is to infer that there is some sort of global conspiracy by Jews to dominate the world. I have never said or thought such a thing.

I am singing from the same hymn sheet in the tradition of academics such as Naom Chomsky, Norman Finkelstein etc and the Nuterei Karta themselves outspoken, Anti Israeli Jews.

Tequila's posting style is identical to the sort of slanderous right wing tactics i referred to above.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:33 pm

Tequila wrote:
But Muslims? Just draw a few cartoons of our best medieval savage friend, Muhammad, or speak out against the rampant bigotry of its followers and you see scores, if not hundreds, of completely innocent people being murdered. All in the name of religion.

And what are you going to do about it? Heaven knows I've tried engaging with you, as have a fair few others, to try and separate out the different issues and arguments and problems, what may be the cause(s), how best to approach them, etc. But no - on and on about it you go. Or is that it - you just go on about it? Are you going to leaflet outside mosques, explaining how wrong and/or evil they are? Are you going to try and engage in dialogue? Are you going to go round, try and get up a petition and/or posse to have them deported? Or is it just enough to piss and moan about it on an Asperger's message board?

What?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:37 pm

Hopper wrote:
Tequila wrote:

And what are you going to do about it? Heaven knows I've tried engaging with you, as have a fair few others, to try and separate out the different issues and arguments and problems, what may be the cause(s), how best to approach them, etc. But no - on and on about it you go. Or is that it - you just go on about it? Are you going to leaflet outside mosques, explaining how wrong and/or evil they are? Are you going to try and engage in dialogue? Are you going to go round, try and get up a petition and/or posse to have them deported? Or is it just enough to piss and moan about it on an Asperger's message board?

What?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy should be enough.

I'm going to vote to end this through the ballot box (as increasingly large numbers of people are doing across Europe). That's all most of us can really do. i'm not going to join the EDL, if that's what you're thinking. They're thuggish types that hate all Muslims for being Muslims. I don't hate all Muslims, but pointing out that there is a huge problem within Islam. If it was genuinely all peaceful, great, but it isn't. And I don't see why the society that I live in should have to tolerate this kind of crap - and a fair few people within that community seem to agree too.

I want to know when the Communist revolution that the far-left keeps moaning about as well is happening, since you're on the subject. There is a big desire for a change in policy on immigration (not a BNP-style change, though, which I wouldn't support). I don't see the same call for Communism.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:53 pm

Not as soon as I'd like, but maybe sooner than you'd expect (if you say 'a week friday', I won't believe you). I mean, I'm working on it. It's a matter of how many wheels are yet to come off the vehicle we're in, and what moves the fascists make.

The ballot box. Ok. What political change are you hoping to effect to 'solve' the 'Muslim problem'? And in the meantime I take it you don't actually want to talk about the 'Muslim problem' beyond your normal complaints and the occasional Pat Condell video? Or maybe point out any non-Muslim (or at a stretch non-religious) hypocrisy?

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

I will never get over how time after time, communist governments come to power, and grossly abuse human rights, and people still want more communism.