Do people ever think you're mentally ret*d and/or gay bec

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

Jitro wrote:
Do people ever think you're mentally ret*d and/or gay simply because you're different?

Once when I was in college two girls thougth I was a lesbian and expressed their disgust. I was outside the gym watching an exercise class. I was trying to decide if I thought I could keep up, trying to decide if I liked their outfits, if I had something I could wear, etc. and they came up and started making comments. I was upset because I didn't think I was gay and wanted them to understand but they had no interest. It confused and bothered me for a while and I wondered if I was a lesbian. Nope, just Autistic, with tunnel vision and a late bloomer. :)

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2012, 4:26 pm

I've been thought to be asexual...

Michaelis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Sep 2012, 4:31 pm

People would be correct in their assumption of me being gay, because I am. I have also been called ret*d on many occasions, though not since leaving secondary school.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 8:10 pm

If they do then they've never told me. Besides my mom. :?

TheWebbz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2012, 8:16 pm

Nobody really says much about me...

My brother calls me a ret*d 24/7...

And I'm not sure of my sexual preferences.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm

Never been called ret*d, but often called weird or gay. One guy who recently moved out from the apartment building still told people I was gay even after I'd been married several years... just because of the kind of music I like! What part of being a long time club DJ didn't he get? :roll:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

28 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

People called me ret*d and gay throughout my school years. It hurt.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 8:39 am

Was the class genius/geek through my elementary and middle school years, obviously not ret*d.
I'm an androgynous tomboy with really short hair, so I'm not surprised if they suspect my sexual orientation. I'm asexual, so far. But if they start asking if I have a girlfriend, I simply reply no if I can't be bothered to explain myself.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 10:47 am

Matt62 wrote:
Both of these, almost all my life. Of course, growing up, anyone who stood out was accused of being gay, because the concept was simply too alien for the general HS herd mentality. ret*d because I do have a few difficulties with a couple of things others find easy. Also, because my voice is a bit slow/monotone for many...

Sincerely,
Matthew

Probably a better explanation for why I was thought to be gay although few ever verbalized it. I simply did not follow the fanatical hormone induced nuttiness of my fellow male students and never treated female students any differently. I was interested in girls as I always have but I never started to "bloom" until last year.

I had a supervisor call me slow and ret*d in front of customers once but I got the last laugh on him as I have a much better job and am much more intelligent than him.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 11:00 am

Yes. I have the need to prove to everyone else that I am smart to prove that I'm not ret*d, but I don't feel compeled to prove I'm straight as I find such "hyper-masculine" behavior to be disgusting in one sense of the word or another.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 11:10 am

Ganondox wrote:
Yes. I have the need to prove to everyone else that I am smart to prove that I'm not ret*d, but I don't feel compeled to prove I'm straight as I find such "hyper-masculine" behavior to be disgusting in one sense of the word or another.

Quite true! :thumleft:

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2012, 6:01 am

Yes, some people have thought I was ret*d. And others even have thought I was a lesbian. But this is just because girls of my age are supposed to pass the whole day talking about actors and singers, to have a crush on someone, etc.