Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2012, 1:30 pm

Did anyone watch it last night?

I really liked it alot. I liked how they contrasted Dennis Quaid's and Michael Chiklis' characters:

Dennis Quaid: Lawman who has a streak of "bad-cop-ness", wants to lead a simple ranching life, opposes Vegas expansion due to his ranch
Michael Chiklis: Mobster who has a streak of kindness, wants to become the biggest mobster in town, promotes Vegas expansion to increase his profits

I also thought Carrie-Ann Moss was incredibly beautiful for an actress who is 45. I never really liked how she looked in the Matrix, but she really pulls off the "classy, 60's woman'' look very well. If I get married and my wife looks like that at 35 even, I'd consider myself lucky. Of course I really don't know what she looks like without makeup.

But as for the show, the pilot was perfect. Developed slowly so you could get a feel for the characters, really drew you in. I think my favorite character will be Dennis Quaid's character because of that opening scene. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 1:54 pm

^^
I agree with you. The pilot was terrific.

I watched it with my mom and my sister and we were laughing really hard at an opening scene where Dennis Quaid's lawman was punching everybody after he tried to reason with someone to stop planes from flying over his ranch.

The three of us were also laughing very hard at a scene close to the end of the show where the lawman punches a biker who's in custody, shakes his finger at him and says to him, "That was rude." :lol:

To me, it seems as though the show serves as an indirect prequel to CSI since both take place in Vegas.

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2012, 2:08 pm

I think it's crazy it's based on a real sheriff of the same name. I wish I learned about people like him in history class. (I read he actually did use his fists and ride horses throughout his 18 years as sheriff.)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 4:56 pm

I fell asleep and missed the end, but it's much better than it looked like it would be from the previews. The guy who plays the mayor lives near me.