Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 4:37 am

Halloween is almost upon us and I am in the mood to scare myself senseless. I want to know which horror movies are best for watching alone in the middle of the night that will cause me to have nightmares and want to sleep with the lights on. Thanks in advance! :skull:

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 6:09 am

I enjoyed "1408".

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 6:22 am

I'll never understand why anyone would want to scare themselves. it's like your attacking yourself, emotionally at least.
and it can have very serious effects on a person, such lack of sleep, due to being too scared from whatever horror film you watched,.
horror movies made me unable to sleep for days, and cuased very severe nightmares.
why would anyone want to have nightmares? it's not good for your health. if you watch too many horror films or just one extremly scary one, good luck, you'll regret it when you can't sleep, and when your too scared to turn the lights off.

I know, becuase of several occasion where I watch a horror film just so my dad didn't have to watch it by himself.
too this day I still get nightmares from from that alien ride in disney land, which was basicly forceing me into a "real" horror film.
it made me unable to go in the bathroom alone, without thinking the alien was going to get me...

so, like I said its bad for your health. not just emotional health, but sometimes being "scared senseless" can effect you physicly.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 6:49 am

Hmm, horror movies? Honestly the one that has scared me the most was watching Mars Attacks when I was young, and not really seen any horror movies.

I have watched a few, I have found a few interesting Asian films, though I doubt I could repeat their names, I know there was this one where a girl was with her twin and was haveing to deal with her crazy step mother, I know turned the volume down and stuff. Personally I hate jump scares, they are just cheap so more psychological is good, The Blair Witch Project was a good one I only watched recently.

My favourite horror probably comes from the anime series Ghost Hunt, just watching the trailer gives me some chills, a good watch at night.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 8:47 am

The Shining is good for psychological horror.

Halloween is a great Slasher film that has very little blood and plenty of thrills and chills.

flowerpowerpunch
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2012, 9:17 am

Pet Sematary is another horror movie everyone should watch. I never watched the whole movie but from what I saw it was a great one. Based on a novel by Stephen King (1983)...

SickInDaHead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2012, 9:46 am

The news is scarey enough.

adb
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 9:53 am

My wife and I aren't much into scary movies, but we went to Haunted World last year and it scared the crap out of her. It's just a few miles past Star road on Chinden. It can take a couple hours to go through it all.

VH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2012, 9:59 am

10 Rillington Place.

Not a Horror by any stretch of the imagination, but based on a true story, and creepy as f**k.

flowerpowerpunch
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2012, 10:00 am

SickInDaHead wrote:

"If it's in the news, don't worry about it." - Anonymous

What should be scary is what happens EVERY day. Not something extraordinary that happens very RARELY. News only show the extraordinary events. :evil:

Last edited by flowerpowerpunch on 10 Oct 2012, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

VH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2012, 10:01 am

If any place of 'news' should scare you, it's LiveLeak.

Not for the faint of heart.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 10:05 am

flowerpowerpunch wrote:
SickInDaHead wrote:

"If it's in the news, don't worry about it." - Anonymous

What should be scary is what happens EVERY day. Not something extraordinary that happens very RARELY. News only show the extraordinary events. :evil:

Well, maybe it's true if you only watch the local news.

But international news are quite different. There are countries that deal with tragedy every day.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 1:28 pm

There are just some things that I will never see, such as a politician that doesn't lie, a McDonalds product that tastes good, or a Michael Bay movie with an intelligent plot. A horror movie that actually scares me is right up there with those.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 3:57 pm

transformingcar wrote:
I'll never understand why anyone would want to scare themselves. it's like your attacking yourself, emotionally at least.
and it can have very serious effects on a person, such lack of sleep, due to being too scared from whatever horror film you watched,.
horror movies made me unable to sleep for days, and cuased very severe nightmares.
why would anyone want to have nightmares? it's not good for your health. if you watch too many horror films or just one extremly scary one, good luck, you'll regret it when you can't sleep, and when your too scared to turn the lights off.

I know, becuase of several occasion where I watch a horror film just so my dad didn't have to watch it by himself.
too this day I still get nightmares from from that alien ride in disney land, which was basicly forceing me into a "real" horror film.
it made me unable to go in the bathroom alone, without thinking the alien was going to get me...

so, like I said its bad for your health. not just emotional health, but sometimes being "scared senseless" can effect you physicly.

My mom says the same thing, in regards to me wanting to scare myself. She worries about things like that affecting me too much, because she says that I am very easily influenced by different things. For example, a couple of weeks ago I watched the movie Girl, Interrupted which isn't a horror movie at all, but I was so highly influenced by it that I basically took on the personality of Winona Ryder's character from the movie. Since the character had borderline personality disorder, being influenced by her made me feel very tense and uncomfortable. My mom said that I wasn't acting like myself at all.

So maybe I should listen to you and Mom and be careful of what I watch (my mom says that I should only watch "lighthearted" things).

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 4:48 pm

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 74
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist
Carrie
Alien
The Shining
The Thing 82
Nightmare on Elm Street 84
Hellraiser
Candyman
Saw 1

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 3:25 pm

I remember watching the Blair Witch Project alone one night and it was the first time I had been spooked by a film for years. I went to bed unnerved about the noises from the forest.