My Autism Story from severe to very mild Autism (My Life)

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aquais94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2012, 5:20 pm

LennytheWicked wrote:
Callista wrote:
Yeah, it's usually good to avoid self-injury. People really over-react to it; they worry much more than they should. And, of course, there's the risk of scars and such.

Quote:
I've regressed since I started middle school. I actually didn't used to stim when I was younger. Now I sometimes bang my head or chew my wrist when I get upset, and I can control it but I don't want to because it helps me calm down.
Middle school is harder than elementary--more chaotic, you have to do more for yourself, you have to think harder. Are there stims that help you but don't cause injury? Could you, say, chew something other than your wrist, or squish a stress ball? Are there parts of school that are stressful for you, that you could avoid?

That would require me dropping out of school.

It's not the motion, it's the actual sensation of pain. I've used stressballs, and they don't help. I've tried chewing gum, but I developed a TMJ and had to swear off of it.

I'm also aware that the stimming isn't damaging, but it does intensify with regression.

I'm Kinda very Smart Person with the IQ Level was scored around 108 - 125
Which i am trying to recover from Autism so I can go to Australia to live and I will hide my Diagnosis.
I'm trying to burst the Autistic Bubble (Smashing the Berlin Wall). I know they smashed the Berlin Wall in 1989. But i named it as an expression.

darmarmot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2014, 11:32 pm

I wouldn't get too hung up on IQ. If you grow up in a household with more books and people with higher vocabulary, you score better on those parts of the test if it is the typical Stanford Binet. All IQ test have their biases. Do not let that hold you back. I say that for those who feel the need to post IQ. My sister once said to me, and it is true...most of these people at this school aren't smarter, they just had parents who knew the value of a good education. They sit a person with certain quirks and sensory issues down and expect them to take the test like neurotypicals. Just as in medicine, tests have specificity and sensitivity, a study population with a limited set of characteristics, and a bias if not double blind placebo controlled. :D

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2014, 4:54 am

Well personally I don't think you can develop AS, yes you can appear for the first couple of years to be devolving normally but I still think your born with it. Also I believe their is no way to truly become NT but we still have to ability if we try hard enough to do some but not all of the things they do, personalty I try to believe more Neurological Equality because where all Humans.

In your case however Its great that you have made big progress, but sadly their is no way to be NT you can get close but not actually be, but remember your Human as is everybody with AS or any other mental/physical disability and in the essence where all the same.

TrippyPhysics
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2014, 6:26 am

hows the zoloft going? how long did ur side effects last? im getting that prescribed friday

Aquais94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2014, 8:06 pm

TrippyPhysics wrote:
hows the zoloft going? how long did ur side effects last? im getting that prescribed friday
Actually, I am no longer on Zoloft, I was put on Prozac (Fluoxetine) and I almost fainted and cause me to get hell symptoms, (Gastrointestinal Pains, Bloating, Heavy feelings in the chest, chest pains, Phantosmia (Found out it was Sinusitis), Fatigue, Depersonalization, Back Pains, Severe Panic Attacks, Severe Anxiety, Near-Syncope, Lightheadedness, dizziness, and Sleep Disturbance) but then I was switched to a Benzodiazepine drug, (Klonopin), and my symptoms were vanished forever, it was a miracle drug.

For Zoloft, the Most Common Side Effect is, Nausea, Dry Mouth, Heartburn, Insomnia, Sleepiness, and Diarrhea. But Diarrhea you have to watch for if you are going to pass gas, the Diarrhea is very mild and happens on a High Dose (75mg and over). But Be careful being on SSRI's. If you get sick from it, then try Benzos. but do not get off from it.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 8:27 pm

Sounds a little like me, except it seems you have the opposite of regressive autism or something.

Aquais94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2014, 8:29 pm

BeggingTurtle wrote:
Sounds a little like me, except it seems you have the opposite of regressive autism or something.
Actually in the Past 2 years, I thought I had it, but it turns out I don't, I have a Adaptive form of Autism, and Very High Functioning, and I can hold jobs Socialize, Enjoy Activities, and Live Independently.

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 1:25 pm

Hi nice to meet you, ok I have a question, for me I was just delayed in communication I didn't loose it. Growing up I thought with my senses as I got older I became more and more verbal with lots of therapies. But as I became more verbal I became more depressed. And began to feel a lot more detached and made certain areas of functioning harder here are my questions

One

Did you think with your senses too?

And 2

Has being verbal caused you to feel more detached or loose other abilities you had?

I have a long blog post about it if you want it let me Kniw

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

Aquais94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2014, 1:46 pm

ASdogGeek wrote:
Hi nice to meet you, ok I have a question, for me I was just delayed in communication I didn't loose it. Growing up I thought with my senses as I got older I became more and more verbal with lots of therapies. But as I became more verbal I became more depressed. And began to feel a lot more detached and made certain areas of functioning harder here are my questions

One

Did you think with your senses too?

And 2

Has being verbal caused you to feel more detached or loose other abilities you had?

I have a long blog post about it if you want it let me Kniw
I was using my senses, but I never lose my abilities, ever, and I wasn't depressed over it.

motherof2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2014, 8:33 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Look up regressive autism.

Yeah as far as I understand its not something neurotypicals develop...its when the symptoms don't really become obvious till after normal development has appeared to take place.

My daughter had elevated responses to stimuli from birth but is considered to have regressed because she made eye contact, smiled, laughed and started speaking on time. Then at 2 she went into her own world. She spoke gibberish and stopped making eye contact.

Aquais94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2014, 8:46 pm

motherof2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Look up regressive autism.

Yeah as far as I understand its not something neurotypicals develop...its when the symptoms don't really become obvious till after normal development has appeared to take place.

My daughter had elevated responses to stimuli from birth but is considered to have regressed because she made eye contact, smiled, laughed and started speaking on time. Then at 2 she went into her own world. She spoke gibberish and stopped making eye contact.
Well She would make up her own choice when she gets older, she may want to get out for a reason, or wants to stay in her own world. To me, I chose to get out because of self-esteem issues. Now I have High Self Esteem after self-treating with a webcam/mirror.

DaBondage
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 May 2014, 9:03 pm

Aquais, I read your story and follow ups and think its great that you are sharing your story with others to help people. I just wanted to let you know that.

Aquais94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2014, 9:04 pm

DaBondage wrote:
Aquais, I read your story and follow ups and think its great that you are sharing your story with others to help people. I just wanted to let you know that.
thanks.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 8:58 am

first of all you can't develop autism even before you notice you have autism you still have autism, your not neurotypical cause your going to develop autism..

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2020, 11:44 am

When growing up and then tested real late in life wondered how did I wind autistic?Then after much studying found out had it all my life.