Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Bartolome
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2012, 3:10 pm

I got a full time job, finally, almost a year ago. I was living in my parents' at that time, following a really bad breakup of a relationship of over 2 years, during which I had lived with a woman for about 2 years. Prior to that my parents had been paying my rent while I was in college (I took a longer time getting through college, due to a transfer and a couple mental breakdowns, and went as a more mature, slightly older student for most of it). I'm 27 going on 28, but at this point I am just trying to live like an adult. I finally saved up for a car a few months ago and moved out of the city (I had previously been reliant on public trans). I have my own apartment now, a full time job with benefits, and a car :). Budgeting is still a bit of a challenge but I'm doing okay. I'm hoping the older folks won't mind my participation in this forum. From the brief message when I first peeked, it looks like I fit the criteria. I'm exactly where I wanted to be two years ago :)

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 3:42 pm

Congratulations Bartolome. :idea:

Samual
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Oct 2012, 7:30 pm

Sounds like you're getting along okay. Its nice to read a success story, makes me feel like theres hope after all!

weeOne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2012, 8:35 am

Well done!

Bartolome

03 Dec 2012, 9:02 pm

Don't be too spoiled. I still suffer from intense depressive episodes and the fear that I'll never have a family of my own because I'm so terrified of rejection by women (it sends me into a spiraling depression) that I can only work up the masochism to ask a girl out every five years or so and of course they say no because it's a numbers game; I can't keep risking depression every time I fail to get a phone number and it just confirms what I already think: that I'm destined to be an asexual loser. And being basically a social Darwinist, if I don't manage to reproduce sexually, I think my life as a human being is a waste.

So it's not all roses. At least I like my job. I like myself at my job. Outside the job, I'm a total pathetic loser.

InKBlott

04 Dec 2012, 5:14 pm

Bartolome wrote:
I got a full time job, finally, almost a year ago. I was living in my parents' at that time, following a really bad breakup of a relationship of over 2 years, during which I had lived with a woman for about 2 years. Prior to that my parents had been paying my rent while I was in college (I took a longer time getting through college, due to a transfer and a couple mental breakdowns, and went as a more mature, slightly older student for most of it). I'm 27 going on 28, but at this point I am just trying to live like an adult. I finally saved up for a car a few months ago and moved out of the city (I had previously been reliant on public trans). I have my own apartment now, a full time job with benefits, and a car :). Budgeting is still a bit of a challenge but I'm doing okay. I'm hoping the older folks won't mind my participation in this forum. From the brief message when I first peeked, it looks like I fit the criteria. I'm exactly where I wanted to be two years ago :)

I managed to hit those milestones about two years later in life than you've managed. It feels good, doesn't it. :)