Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 12:25 pm

Oodain wrote:
and to think how many it could have fed in an age of poverty and hunger really does highlight excactly what some organized religions are about, themselves and only that, they just need an excuse tyo behave that way.

True, but you could say the same about modern 'churches' by which I mean football and baseball stadiums especially in the USA. I should also mention that say what I will about how much I dislike religion but the most generous, caring people I know are all very religious and it inspires them to help others. Without going off topic, kind people have kind Gods and hateful people have hateful Gods. The religion doesn't make the person but it can influence them to act in a stronger matter, for good or bad.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

Oodain wrote:

and to think how many it could have fed in an age of poverty and hunger really does highlight excactly what some organized religions are about, themselves and only that, they just need an excuse tyo behave that way.

Think of how many hungry folks some church organizations feed. Clearly this does not apply to the Catholic Church which is a grotesque reflection of the Roman Empire in which it first flourished.

ruveyn