Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 2:47 am

I admire and respect many religions, and allow them to coexist. However I feel that if a church building isn't in use for SOME activity for all days of the week, and you're paying full billing, that I'd find to be a waste.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 8:23 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Just because I'm not religious in any way doesn't mean I can't admire churches and respect that they have had a positive influence on many people's lives. As well I once visited a 200 year old Basilica and the architecture absolutely blew my mind! I just stood there for a half hour in complete awe looking at the incredible detail whoever built it put into it and what imagined what must have inspired him to come up with such an amazing structure.

and to think how many it could have fed in an age of poverty and hunger really does highlight excactly what some organized religions are about, themselves and only that, they just need an excuse tyo behave that way.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 12:25 pm

Oodain wrote:
and to think how many it could have fed in an age of poverty and hunger really does highlight excactly what some organized religions are about, themselves and only that, they just need an excuse tyo behave that way.

True, but you could say the same about modern 'churches' by which I mean football and baseball stadiums especially in the USA. I should also mention that say what I will about how much I dislike religion but the most generous, caring people I know are all very religious and it inspires them to help others. Without going off topic, kind people have kind Gods and hateful people have hateful Gods. The religion doesn't make the person but it can influence them to act in a stronger matter, for good or bad.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

Oodain wrote:

Think of how many hungry folks some church organizations feed. Clearly this does not apply to the Catholic Church which is a grotesque reflection of the Roman Empire in which it first flourished.

ruveyn