Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 12:01 pm

The topic says it all. I can't WAIT till periods are done and over with! If a young woman doesn't want to have children, then why should she continue to have periods? I never want to have children and have felt this way for years I'm in my 30s and have no plans on marriage. I did date in my 20s but find that I don't need to be a wife or mother. Can I just get my periods over and done with some surgery?

Men, you are all lucky. No cramps, no having to deal with stains on undies or on white pants where people can see :oops: No labor pains!

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 1:08 pm

I am looking forward to this too. I don't really have much in the way of periods because of my IUD but I don't know if one of those would help you. The info sheet that came with it said they are for women who have already given birth. I'm not sure about the medical reason for that--maybe it wouldn't fit. Maybe it's in case it causes complications and damages your uterus, but if you're sure you don't want children then that shouldn't be an issue.

NewDawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
No cramps, no having to deal with stains on undies or on white pants where people can see :oops: No labor pains!

And don't forget menopause. That can be really bad if you are looking forward for the monthy mess to stop. You have to wait a year to be sure. When I went into menopause, My periods suddenly stopped when I was 51. So I thought it was over and done with. But no, 10 months after what I thought to be my last period, I got another one :x (the last one, fortunately). From what I've heard of other menopausal women, I've been lucky. I had hot flushes and eratic mood swings for about three years after my last period, but not every girl is so fortnate. For some it lasts until they are 60.

But once it's all over, it's great. It's not just the relief of not having periods. I feel calmer, have fewer bouts of temporary insanity and have more energy. I'm not quite there yet. I feel depressed today for no apperant reason.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 4:06 pm

New Dawn, that's encouraging about post-menopause. I was hoping that would happen. I look forward to having my mind back. :D

AlphaSister
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Oct 2012, 3:30 pm

I recently went to the doctor fully expecting (and hoping) to be told I was menopausal; I've been having erratic periods, hot flashes, lack of energy, midrif weight gain and incontinence issues which are all symptoms-imagine my dismay when I was told that was not the case and all the unpleasant stuff that was happening was probably due to my antidepressant. I am almost 44 years old and have no desire to have children and experience debilitating depression the week AFTER my period ends, menopause would be a relief for me!

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

AlphaSister wrote:
I recently went to the doctor fully expecting (and hoping) to be told I was menopausal; I've been having erratic periods, hot flashes, lack of energy, midrif weight gain and incontinence issues which are all symptoms-imagine my dismay when I was told that was not the case and all the unpleasant stuff that was happening was probably due to my antidepressant. I am almost 44 years old and have no desire to have children and experience debilitating depression the week AFTER my period ends, menopause would be a relief for me!

You can be premenopausal which can last a few years until you hit menopause. My two sisters hit menopause at 45. I started having hot flashes this spring but my period was very erratic and heavy since 2008. I started birth control shots in May and haven't had heavy periods but still have spotting. I also don't take medication but the first month after having the shot I got upset over something and was inconsolable for 2 days, got physically ill too but that has not happened since. It was just weird since I don't get upset like that, I more or less just stress over things a bit.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
The topic says it all. I can't WAIT till periods are done and over with! If a young woman doesn't want to have children, then why should she continue to have periods? I never want to have children and have felt this way for years I'm in my 30s and have no plans on marriage. I did date in my 20s but find that I don't need to be a wife or mother. Can I just get my periods over and done with some surgery?

That wouldn't be recommended. A colleague of my mother had to due to disease, and that triggered early onset old age, so she had to use hormones to avoid the worst effects.
neither early old age nor hormones are good options.

Otherwise I feel the same way though. The bleeding is useless for me, because I don't want kids. I'm not looking forward to growing old though, so in that aspect I can definitely wait.
I wish I could have stayed bodily immature. No bleeding, no breasts (now that's something that really gets in the way)

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 4:40 am

I'm all done with my periods. :cheers:

I had a hysterectomy October 5th so no more periods for me.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 7:15 pm

I dont completely hate periods but the female reproductive system is really not much use to me because I dont intend to have children. I figure, I'll end up getting something when I get older but right now I'll just leave it how it is.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 5:41 am

There are pills that can stop periods, if you're not too bothered by hormones.

I don't like mine either and I'm done having babies, but I'm too afraid to mess with my body. I'm oversensitive to so many drugs, I think most aspies women are. I'm 40 and think I'll have another 16 - 18 years. People in my family have menopause late.