Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 3:28 pm

I have had to kill spiders on a routine basis and it is not fun. You can never tell which spider is somewhat dangerous or poisnous. I always do the humane thing and squash the spider and flush it down the toilet.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 3:30 pm

Also I did catch a mouse and let it go outside. I just could not kill it with the poison that was recommended with the mouse catchers, it is just too cruel. Spiders, wasps and ants I am ok with killing as long as it is humane.

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2012, 3:48 pm

Oh my yes. I hate flys. Those centipedes that you find in basement too.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 5:51 pm

Didn't use poison on the mouse, squashed it. :/

Kiseki94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Oct 2012, 9:19 pm

Yeah. They can spread disease and they are annoying.

I kill spiders, too. Sometimes you don't know if they are poisonous.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:18 pm

Fudo wrote:
Didn't use poison on the mouse, squashed it. :/

i had to murder a mouse once in a similar brutal manner. if only they didn't crap all over the place/spread fleas, i'd have no problem sharing my modest living space with a cute furry little creature.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:41 pm

Picked a dead mouse off the front walk and discarded him earlier. Probably a gift
from a local cat.

I think I could harm anything whose intent was to harm me or someone else, but
I don't go out of way to kill. I usually carry a spider outside. I have noticed a used
influx of stink bugs locally this fall. I've probably killed my share accidentally since they're always
underfoot.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 3:23 am

I only kill things if necessary. Insects that are invasive species I kill all the time out of necessity, because they are wreaking havoc and absolutely everywhere. Also, ants, cockroaches, termites, anything that is in my house and taking over.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 3:38 am

I like letting spiders take care of little flying pests :D

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 4:00 am

venus flytraps are also fun to watch. :)

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 8:42 am

Absolutely not. It upsets me when I see others trying to kill flies, spiders, or other insects/arachnids. I simply can't deal with the guilt of ending the life of an innocent creature unless it's poisonous. If I see a fly, I just shoo it away. If I see a spider, I take it outside. I don't understand how people can be afraid of spiders when the vast majority are completely harmless.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 11:05 am

Flies carry all kinds of horrible, infectious diseases. They are like little serial killers with wings. So yes, I would and have hurt a fly. I don't mind spiders. They eat flies for one thing. Most spiders in North America are harmless, and yet so many people scream and yell and say how horrible they are but flies are just annoying to them. I don't get it at all.

My parents always seem to have an awful time with flies in the summer. Their house is always clean and well-kept, so I don't know why the the little buggers invade the place, I guess it's just part of living out in the country. Nothing like waking up early and having having several of them land and crawling all over your face. :eew:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm

Yeah, I hate flies. I sprayed plenty last summer and no doubt will again next summer. They're annoying, and they spread diseases.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 1:44 pm

I would like to think of myself as a nice person who wouldn't hurt anything, but unfortunately, in the case of bugs, this is not true. I don't like how they look scary with their many legs, and if I found one suddenly there and it was small enough, I would crush it without a second thought, though this is more out of fear than of hate for them. I do hate flies, though. They bring bad bad memories for me of a dirty flat where they were flying everywhere...I kept on trying to kill them with spray but more of them kept on coming back.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 2:32 pm

Why would you kill something because of how it looks? That's shallow and disgusting. People never kill ladybugs, and I think it's because they look nice. People always say not to judge by looks, but it's precisely what they do when it comes to things like insects.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 2:43 pm

littlecatinthewindow wrote:
I would like to think of myself as a nice person who wouldn't hurt anything, but unfortunately, in the case of bugs, this is not true. I don't like how they look scary with their many legs, and if I found one suddenly there and it was small enough, I would crush it without a second thought, though this is more out of fear than of hate for them. I do hate flies, though. They bring bad bad memories for me of a dirty flat where they were flying everywhere...I kept on trying to kill them with spray but more of them kept on coming back.

reminds me of that scene in "creepshow" where e.g. marshall gets attacked en masse by bugs. :eew: