Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

In highschool, it was English. I kinda sucked at it from 7th till 11th grade. I hated writing at the time, always had writers block. Have bad grammer and spelling. Grammar never made a whole lot of sense to me. I mastered it enough to write. But hey I am in the sciences so my lack of spelling and grammar skills doesnt matter as much. You just get someone to edit your work and that's it.

In college foreign language and physics. With foreign language, I tried to take Spanish and it was a fail. Teacher recogmended that I drop the course so I did. Then I went in for an assessment, got diagnosed with a learning disability. Got exempted from foreign language.

As for physics, I was forced into calculus based physics due to my major and I just failed at it. It was too hard. I had to take both physics courses 2x. I might have faired ok (sub-par) in non-calc based but calc based you gotta derive all these formulas, just cant wrap my mind around it. Right now I am trying to refresh on some physics because I am gonna start grad school soon and I am doing ok with non-calc based but calc based, I dont think I will ever understand it! I hope I never have to.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm

English Literature, History, Religious Education and any team sports were awful for me. In fact I got a bad report for my R.E. classes a few times, because I kept writing my atheist views as my answers to the questions. Team sports I have always been awful at because not only am I dyspraxic, I also have a visual processing disorder and I cannot cope with physical contact.

I was really good at cross-country running though.

I have always been great at mathematics and science topics. Now I am studying pharmacology, which works out well.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

PE, history, writing class, geometry.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 4:06 pm

I'll have to say History and Social Studies. Some of the topics in these subjects I don't always understand, and I sometimes have to ask multiple questions so I can grasp the concept.

cloudburst
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2013, 8:46 pm

Math was my worst subject because I would keep making simple arithmetic errors. I would solve multiplication problems as if they were addition problems and vice versa.

Teasaidh
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2013, 9:15 pm

I love learning, but I hate going to classes & school.

I have dyscalculia, so I struggled a lot in math until that was diagnosed, and I got some help. I hated PE class, always did horribly.

I loved all my science classes, especially chemistry and anatomy & physiology. Enjoyed English most of the time. I love history and languages.

I did well through high school because I could read the textbook and then take the exam. I was usually top in my class. Then I went to college, and I was expected to sit through lecture after lecture and learn everything from what the teacher said. I nearly failed out during my first year and did pretty poorly my second year. I began recording my lectures and transcribing them later, and that was the only way I was able to bring up my grades.

accomplishment.?
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2013, 9:17 pm

Math, foreign languages, science, art

slushy9
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2013, 9:24 pm

reading fiction and gym... UGH

im good at foreign lang and history since i have excellent memory but i find them SO BORING

Eloah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2013, 10:49 pm

PE, maths, physics, geography, foreign language

Why is the stereotype that AS = great at maths, when nearly every post here lists maths as a worst subject?

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 11:45 pm

My worst subjects,
-Physical Education, weak, slow and very poor gross motor skills(Dyspraxic), always the worst and very mentally draining.
-Math, class moved too fast for me, I was slow to learn if I even did, could not retain most of it.
-English, much the same is math although I got much better in the later years as they moved away from spelling and grammer type lessons to more art, advertising, creative based and writing analysis based (all my strong points)lessons.
-Science, depending on the subject matter, some like technoligy and design I acceled at and some like biology I struggled at.
-Drama(I called it Trama)-was torture for me as I had major anxiety. stage fright and found acting embarrising and hard to do, I got alot of flak rom my classmates aswell.
-Music, more so with singing, I hated my voice(Dyspraxia again i think), aswell is the stage fright issue again and I was very poor at music and always badly mis-allinged with my classmates, however music in high school became my primary special intrest and I acceled in my grade 10 guitar class and loved it and never looked back!

Other issues,
-Group work, very tramadic and akward from the words "pick a partner" to the end, I always was and felt like the odd one out, usually assigned to a group who never wanted me in the first place and I knew it. I always felt kind of physically ill trying to navigate the group work thing and at times got taken advantage of and my ideas almost never got used or tryed.
-Homework, I always becouse of my slow pace in math and english took home too much homework and took twice as long or more to finish and never learned anything other then bad habits to get it over with faster like just writing in random numbers to get math homework over with.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 12:00 am

History, accounting........boring.

agoodname
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

Gym (mostly with the team sports)- I'm just really bad at it
Math- I always had to take special ed classes with math, I'm not even good at multiplying

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

Culture
Geography
History
Literature
Physical Education
Politics

I hate social sciences, I must study them because I have no choice.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

P.E., English, Math, and Geography.

I was good in P.E. because I'm a natural athlete but I hated it because it meant participating/teamwork and changing in front of everyone in the locker room.

English: too boring so I kept getting distracted and never learned anything.

Geography: I never was interested in volcanoes or different kind of soils, etc. so again, I kept getting distracted and never learned anything.

Math: Way too hard and tedious. Plus it was boring to sit in that class too.

So basically, if the class is boring, then I don't like it.

Musicgirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 5:52 pm

Depends on the teachers

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 6:15 pm

What I suck at: Algebra. Do not need help with it atm, though.
What I excel at, visual arts.