Brave Young Pakistani Girls vs. the Taliban

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 12:35 am

ttqs84 wrote:
MagicToenail wrote:
I wholehearted agree with you!! (Except for Lady Gaga, she's pretty nonconformist and cool about don't ask don't tell for example)
Malala makes me ashamed of myself because I squandered my middle and high school education on being rebellious and having a sucky attitude.

That's fine. But no matter how talented she is, Lady Gaga is selling sex rather than our intellect just like every other pathetic female pop stars out there. Why do we still have to tolerate the likes of her prancing around half-naked and making us women look bad?

Not to get off the subject, but we men are very visually oriented in our sexuality - and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus my wife thinks GaGa is HOT!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2012, 11:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Not to get off the subject, but we men are very visually oriented in our sexuality - and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus my wife thinks GaGa is HOT!

well now that we're off the subject, it's made clear that you and other men refuse to believe that we're more than just our bodies. simply for that, you hardly put us in any of the history books for the positive things that we've achieved for society. but we never get credit for that, instead we are regarded as the weirdos or freaks. and yet you revere those TV & music tramps who've accomplished nothing positively meaningful for our society and it's they that make other people ostracize us educated women.

i as a woman would rather be looked at as someone who got to make a difference in the world with my ideas and not for my tits.
i also refuse to date because men will see me as nothing but a piece meat or would rather see me in the kitchen. we're talking about a 14 yr. old girl who wants equality for women and who spoke out against the most dangerous and hateful terrorist group today.

Malala is a representation of a brave girl who wants to be valued as a human being who can help benefit the lives of other girls in her oppressed culture and in others. she may be 14 but she's not selling her body to get the message across, is she?

let me ask you something: why do you have a wife? do you value her as a human or an object? do you have children? if you have a daughter, would you like her to be (for example) a lawyer or a prostitute? what if Malala's your daughter who got shot in the head because she wants to have equal rights?

BTW, this post wasn't supposed to address men 'cos we know that you won't do anything to bring awareness of Malala's cause to the world...because she's a an educated girl.

Last edited by ttqs84 on 30 Oct 2012, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

everybody's afraid to diss the taliban.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 1:06 am

ttqs84 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

well now that we're off the subject, it's made clear that you and other men refuse to believe that we're more than just our bodies. simply for that, you hardly put us in any of the history books for the positive things that we've achieved for society. but we never get credit for that, instead we are regarded as the weirdos or freaks. and yet you revere those TV & music tramps who've accomplished nothing positively meaningful for our society and it's they that make other people ostracize us educated women.

i as a woman would rather be looked at as someone who got to make a difference in the world with my ideas and not for my tits.
i also refuse to date because men will see me as nothing but a piece meat or would rather see me in the kitchen. we're talking about a 14 yr. old girl who wants equality for women and who spoke out against the most dangerous and hateful terrorist group today.

Malala is a representation of a brave girl who wants to be valued as a human being who can help benefit the lives of other girls in her oppressed culture and in others. she may be 14 but she's not selling her body to get the message across, is she?

let me ask you something: why do you have a wife? do you value her as a human or an object? do you have children? if you have a daughter, would you like her to be (for example) a lawyer or a prostitute? what if Malala's your daughter who got shot in the head because she wants to have equal rights?

BTW, this post wasn't supposed to address men 'cos we know that you won't do anything to bring awareness of Malala's cause to the world...because she's a an educated girl.

In answer to your question, yes, I love and value my wife, and she's my best friend - that's why I married her. But the fact remains, sexuality is part of our marriage, and that does not diminish the love and respect I have for her.
And as a matter of fact, we do have a seven year old daughter. The very last thing I'd want for her is to be a prostitute. And if she marries when an adult, I certainly want her to be with a person who is kind, respectful, and loving toward her.
For the record, Lady GaGa is hardly a prostitute. She's an amazing musician and performance artist. If you don't like her, you're entitled to your opinion. But as I said before, my wife and I think she's quite lovely.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2012, 10:07 am

auntblabby wrote:

it takes an entire planet to do so, but people would rather p*ssy out of it and just watch 'Jersey Shore' and the like.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 12:38 am

ttqs84 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

it takes an entire planet to do so, but people would rather p*ssy out of it and just watch 'Jersey Shore' and the like.

not an entire planet but certainly a critical majority mass of men of good will and energy, to deter evil people from evil behaviors.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2012, 8:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
ttqs84 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

not an entire planet but certainly a critical majority mass of men of good will and energy, to deter evil people from evil behaviors.

truth is men would never go out on a limb to help women and women have been taught to be weak, so they stick to that. society's a real b***h!

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 8:37 am

ttqs84 wrote:
MagicToenail wrote:
I wholehearted agree with you!! (Except for Lady Gaga, she's pretty nonconformist and cool about don't ask don't tell for example)
Malala makes me ashamed of myself because I squandered my middle and high school education on being rebellious and having a sucky attitude.

That's fine. But no matter how talented she is, Lady Gaga is selling sex rather than our intellect just like every other pathetic female pop stars out there. Why do we still have to tolerate the likes of her prancing around half-naked and making us women look bad?

Not only that, but has anybody around here seen lady gaga before she got picked up by the record execs? She used to look like a nice pretty girl, playing the piano(imagine that, a modern musical "artist" that plays an instrument 8O), and it was actually good. Now she just does ridiculous s**t for shock value.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 8:42 am

ttqs84 wrote:

Oh, of course not... Cuz you know, women, who weren't allowed to vote, just voted to get the right to vote, right? Yeah, surely no MAN had anything to do with it. With an attitude like the one you're displaying, you're no better than the "evil" men you so despise.

Also, since we're all equal here, why don't you gals go over there and fight the taliban? If we're equal, it need not be up to any man to do anything about it. Use your girl power or something.

I hope you realize had you not said things the way you did, I wouldn't have taken this position. But you're being a sexist by making those comments, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna be nice to someone who won't even give me the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure I'm just wasting my energy though, as you'll just see my post as confirmation of what you've assumed. You women say that just because one woman is a money grubbing gold digging b***h, that doesn't make them all that way, yet you have NO PROBLEM stating that men are all the same(and of course, you only ever use the bad examples).

HOORAY FOR DOUBLE STANDARDS FROM THE "EQUALITY" MOVEMENT!! !

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

DerStadtschutz wrote:
Oh, of course not... Cuz you know, women, who weren't allowed to vote, just voted to get the right to vote, right? Yeah, surely no MAN had anything to do with it.
More or less - you try to make it sound like men "permitted" women to vote, which rather shines a spotlight on your somewhat misogynistic stance.
Women were granted the vote almost entirely through their own efforts and weight of numbers, and only when it became ridiculously embarrassing for men to continue denying it.
There was no brave (male) knight on a white charger who saved the day, and some women - like Malala - are still fighting for their basic rights in the 21st century against a massive, organised persecution. It's a shame your blinkered view renders you incapable of comprehending it.
Quote:
I hope you realize had you not said things the way you did, I wouldn't have taken this position.
So she is wholly responsible for making you go all angry and indignant, and you had no control whatever? It's a "Now look what you made me do!" situation, is it?
Okaaaay...
Quote:
But you're being a sexist by making those comments
Quote:
You women say that just because (...)
Pot, meet kettle.

DerStadtschutz, you really do need to can it with this combative rhetoric of yours.
It begins to look like you're playing the victim and just... y'know... enjoy blaming women for stuff.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2012, 9:41 am

I think the big question her is whether Lady Gaga (and Madonna) are sex positive or sex exploitive. Kraichgaur thinks Lady Gaga is Sex Positive and ttqs84thinks she is Sex Exploitive. There are good arguments for each point of view. They are both good on LGBT issues and lean left, so I think their hearts are in the right place, as opposed to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, who keeps on alternating between "dirty" and "abstinence advocate." In Aguilera's case I don't know whether it's cynical calculation or she's genuinely conflicted.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

MagicToenail wrote:
I think the big question her is whether Lady Gaga (and Madonna) are sex positive or sex exploitive. Kraichgaur thinks Lady Gaga is Sex Positive and ttqs84thinks she is Sex Exploitive. There are good arguments for each point of view. They are both good on LGBT issues and lean left, so I think their hearts are in the right place, as opposed to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, who keeps on alternating between "dirty" and "abstinence advocate." In Aguilera's case I don't know whether it's cynical calculation or she's genuinely conflicted.

Women like Gaga, Madonna, and the like are sex exploitive. The only good one of them can do is that Gaga has proven that she's an authentic musician and performer, unlike Madonna. But both do support LGBT rights which is absolutely a great thing, and I too support LGBT rights. As for XXXtina, yes, she's definitely dirty and sex exploitive. Spear Britney, on the other hand, is definitely NOT the poster child of abstinence advocacy! If she was, can you explain to me why the majority of the songs and videos she does are usually sex-themed? Because she's sexually active before she began her so-called career! Doesn't surprise me. Besides, all these female pop singers have no ability to think for themselves, so they rather follow what these record execs tell them to: "take your clothes off and sing/lipsync these songs we write for you!". These bimbos will do anything to get famous and no one will take them seriously. It's very evident today!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 1:23 pm

Cornflake wrote:
More or less - you try to make it sound like men "permitted" women to vote, which rather shines a spotlight on your somewhat misogynistic stance.
Women were granted the vote almost entirely through their own efforts and weight of numbers, and only when it became ridiculously embarrassing for men to continue denying it.
There was no brave (male) knight on a white charger who saved the day, and some women - like Malala - are still fighting for their basic rights in the 21st century against a massive, organised persecution. It's a shame your blinkered view renders you incapable of comprehending it.

There were men who supported the suffragists' cause, most definitely, but they weren't in any way the driving force behind female suffrage. The women were.

As it will inevitably be in places like Pakistan and Saudi with brave girls like Malala.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

Cornflake wrote:

So she is wholly responsible for making you go all angry and indignant, and you had no control whatever? It's a "Now look what you made me do!" situation, is it?
Okaaaay...

No, that's not what I'm saying, but have you ever heard of the golden rule? Treat others as you wish to be treated? She came here all "blah, men don't care anyway because she's educated, and that threatens them!" You can't tell me that's not a sexist statement. All I'm saying is I want to see some goddamn equality around here. It seems like women around this board can b***h about ANYTHING that comes out of a man's mouth and call it sexist, but the second she says anything that's sexist, nobody seems to care, and the people who DO care and call her out on it are the ones who get ostracized. Am I the only one who sees why that's wrong? Either we can all say whatever the hell we want, or we all get the same punishment for the same behavior. That's the only way for thins to be fair and unbiased, but I'm simply not seeing it happen.

Quote:
But you're being a sexist by making those comments
Quote:
You women say that just because (...)
Pot, meet kettle.

Funny how you conveniently left out the rest of that statement. By the way, "YOU women" doesn't necessarily refer to ALL women. It's referring to the OP and other women like her who act the way she was acting.

DerStadtschutz, you really do need to can it with this combative rhetoric of yours.
It begins to look like you're playing the victim and just... y'know... enjoy blaming women for stuff.

No, I'm not playing the victim card, but if guys aren't allowed to say or do sexist things, then girls shouldn't be allowed to either. And I find it ridiculous how because someone mentions that they think lady gaga is good looking, that somehow that ONE person is proof that no men cares, or all men agree with the taliban on the grounds that all men feel threatened by an educated female.

And as for the whole voting thing, if women had no rights to vote, then who voted to change the law? Obviously men had to, so not every man felt that women shouldn't be allowed to vote. That was my point. I'm sick and tired of hearing how men are these terrible creatures who just want to oppress/rape/beat women all the time, despite the fact that we've obviously conceded and given women things they want, but it's never enough. After we give them the right to vote, then we're bastards for some other BS. It needs to stop. Neither gender is inferior. Neither gender is the cause of all the problems in the world, but both genders have their as*holes/b*****s, and both genders cause problems. And stop calling me a sexist for calling females out on their sexist BS.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Nov 2012, 8:40 pm

DerStadtschutz, go away. Your whining is tedious and off-topic.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

Whatever then