Brave Young Pakistani Girls vs. the Taliban

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2012, 3:48 pm

WOMEN OF ALL AGES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD: Stop watching Jersey Shore, Super Sweet Sixteen, Teen Mom, or Real Housewives! Stop listening to Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, or Madonna! Malala Yousafzai and girls like her should our new role model. BECAUSE SHE'S FIGHTING FOR OUR FUTURE!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/malala-yousafz ... 02012.htmlSchool girls vs. the Taliban

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 6:57 pm

The courage, bravery, justice and inner strength Malala has shown and continues to show is incredible, and I hope with all my heart that she recovers well and that her example encourages and inspires change and progress. :)

alexanderkapranos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2012, 7:01 pm

I looked for that blog of the dear girl's. I couldn't find it. :'( I'll continue looking, however. I really do want to see what it was like in her area of Pakistan. That, and she is, in my noble opinion, a better role model for the youth, even though she's quite young. I do hope she gets better soon. :)

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 8:11 pm

I check up on her story quite a bit, I hope she makes it and gets back out there providing a voice for the young women in those areas. They need someone to look up to that is strong and not afraid.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 11:32 pm

the taliban have made additional threats to her family.

wayne_da_doctor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2012, 11:59 pm

FREEDOM FOR ALL AND TRUE GENDER EQUITY :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:10 am

wayne_da_doctor wrote:
FREEDOM FOR ALL AND TRUE GENDER EQUITY :D

not as long as the taliban are around.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2012, 12:12 am

I wholehearted agree with you!! (Except for Lady Gaga, she's pretty nonconformist and cool about don't ask don't tell for example)
Malala makes me ashamed of myself because I squandered my middle and high school education on being rebellious and having a sucky attitude.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 2:21 am

She's heroic. I think we should make an offer to her family that asylum is granted if they request it. I'm very much against mass immigration, but her case isn't anything to do with that given that she is definitely a victim of real persecution and I think that she's a textbook case of the need to grant her asylum.

Some of the comments made by EDL members on her plight make me want to vomit.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:03 am

I am surprised that a deal hasn't been made to grant her asylum (perhaps one has been made, we just do not have knowledge of it or perhaps she would decline in hopes of reforming her own country). It would not surprise me in the least if the Taliban or other fundamentalists make good on their threats. Benazir Bhutto is an example of this...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:11 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
I am surprised that a deal hasn't been made to grant her asylum

IMO, this should be something we should be making happen.

I'm not against Muslims - not at all, not for one second. In fact, I have a huge amount of sympathy for a lot of Muslims out there. It's extreme, fundamentalist, violent, intolerant, "conservative" Islam that's the enemy.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:16 pm

Tequila wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

I'm not against Muslims - not at all, not for one second. In fact, I have a huge amount of sympathy for a lot of Muslims out there. It's extreme, fundamentalist, violent, intolerant, "conservative" Islam that's the enemy.

You mean the Muslims that take the Q'ran and Hadiths seriously. Beware of Scripture. It is a ticking bomb.

ruveyn

alexanderkapranos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2012, 4:15 pm

Tequila wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

Yet it's still not happening.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2012, 8:58 pm

MagicToenail wrote:
I wholehearted agree with you!! (Except for Lady Gaga, she's pretty nonconformist and cool about don't ask don't tell for example)
Malala makes me ashamed of myself because I squandered my middle and high school education on being rebellious and having a sucky attitude.

That's fine. But no matter how talented she is, Lady Gaga is selling sex rather than our intellect just like every other pathetic female pop stars out there. Why do we still have to tolerate the likes of her prancing around half-naked and making us women look bad?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 12:33 am

Tequila wrote:
She's heroic. I think we should make an offer to her family that asylum is granted if they request it. I'm very much against mass immigration, but her case isn't anything to do with that given that she is definitely a victim of real persecution and I think that she's a textbook case of the need to grant her asylum.

Some of the comments made by EDL members on her plight make me want to vomit.

Who are these EDL dicks?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 12:35 am

ttqs84 wrote:
MagicToenail wrote:

That's fine. But no matter how talented she is, Lady Gaga is selling sex rather than our intellect just like every other pathetic female pop stars out there. Why do we still have to tolerate the likes of her prancing around half-naked and making us women look bad?

Not to get off the subject, but we men are very visually oriented in our sexuality - and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus my wife thinks GaGa is HOT!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer